EAV RC Slowing Down Personalization

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus/Smart Security Beta' started by JeremyW, Jul 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JeremyW

JeremyW Registered Member

Well, this is a new one (I think):

Win 7 Pro x64. EAV RC. Suddenly (past couple of days) it's taking forever to change the desktop wallpaper in 'Personalization'. Once I have the Personalization window open, changing the background results in a delay of 'several seconds' - enough for the Personalization window to come up with 'Not Responding'. It eventually gets there, but disabling protection in EAV rights the problem immediately.

2. trjam

trjam Registered Member

what I found is that for computers I use then turn off, no slow down. But on 2 that syay on all the time, it gets progressively slower until a reboot. Almost like a leak. And the 2 computers are completely different setups.

3. JeremyW

JeremyW Registered Member

I'm finding it's slow whether the machine has just been re-booted, switched on cold, or been on for hours. When I open the Personalization window it sits there thinking about it - the second I disable NOD32 it immediately responds again.

4. dmaasland

dmaasland Registered Member

I can confirm this with ESS5. Marcos, you know where to find me if you need logs :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.