EAV RC Slowing Down Personalization

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus/Smart Security Beta' started by JeremyW, Jul 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JeremyW

JeremyW Registered Member

Well, this is a new one (I think):

Win 7 Pro x64. EAV RC. Suddenly (past couple of days) it's taking forever to change the desktop wallpaper in 'Personalization'. Once I have the Personalization window open, changing the background results in a delay of 'several seconds' - enough for the Personalization window to come up with 'Not Responding'. It eventually gets there, but disabling protection in EAV rights the problem immediately.

2. trjam

trjam Registered Member

what I found is that for computers I use then turn off, no slow down. But on 2 that syay on all the time, it gets progressively slower until a reboot. Almost like a leak. And the 2 computers are completely different setups.

3. JeremyW

JeremyW Registered Member

I'm finding it's slow whether the machine has just been re-booted, switched on cold, or been on for hours. When I open the Personalization window it sits there thinking about it - the second I disable NOD32 it immediately responds again.

4. dmaasland

dmaasland Registered Member

I can confirm this with ESS5. Marcos, you know where to find me if you need logs :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.