EAV 3 clients do not update from mirror

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by yiannos, Nov 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yiannos

yiannos Registered Member

Hi All,

I searched the forum and kb before posting but could not find something similar.

I have 27 clients NOD32/be and a RA server with the mirror setting setup. (http transport)The mirror gets update files without problems.

The last two days, some (namely 4) of my clients stopped updating from the server. The rest 23 clients have no problem. They update every time. The clients with the problem are always the same ones and are Windows 2000. The error message they give is "Could not contact the server"

I sniffed the packets on two of the problematic clients and found that they send NO packets at all to the mirror server. Nothing! When I tried to update manually with wireshark on, no packet was captured.

I uninstalled NOD32/be from one of them and then re-installed, (via push as I always do) and the problem was solved.

The config is the same in all clients and pushed through RAC. All clients are fixed PC's (no notebooks). All clients have been freshly setup with NOD v.3 (no upgrades).

Any idea? I will keep a couple of the problematics in case you want me to test things on them.

TIA

Yiannos

Last edited: Nov 6, 2008
  2. SmackyTheFrog

SmackyTheFrog Registered Member

Were there other software configuration changes going on in that same period? Something else messing around with the network stack could cause the updates module to break and would explain why a re-install corrects the issue.

3. yiannos

yiannos Registered Member

Could you specify what you mean by configuration changes? Like 'Windows Updates' maybe?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.