EAV 3.0.621.0 - Regular Automatic Update causing 50% CPU usage

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by skorpija, Dec 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skorpija

skorpija Registered Member

I use EAV 3.0.621.0. I use dial-up internet connection. When there is no internet connection Regular Automatic Update is causing 50% CPU usage for unlimited period of time. Abort button is not working. The only solution is computer restart. I also noticed that option "I use a dial-up (modem) Internet connection" is not offered during custom install in this release.
    Another problem is Uninstaller. It is not working properly. It stops in the middle of the process. The only solution is Cancel button. When I press the Cancel button and try again Uninstaller works properly.
    My OS is Windows XP Professional SP2.

2. stanr

stanr Registered Member

I'm still on the learning curve with NOD. However, I had a similar occurrence as I am on dial-up as well. You may want to try the following:

Display: Advanced Mode
    Tools -> Scheduler

At the bottom of the screen is "Open in a new window" (This makes it easier to see the contents)

I have removed the check marks on the 2nd entry: "Regular automatic update" and the 4th entry: "Automatic update after user login"

Now NOD will use the 3rd entry: "Automatic update after dial-up connection"

I'm afraid I can not address the CPU usage beyond this nor the install/uninstall issues. This would best be left for someone higher on the curve.

If you have tried this and the problem continues somone more knowledgeable then I will have to chime in.

Stan

3. skorpija

skorpija Registered Member

Disabling "Regular Automatic Update" solves the problem, but I am not happy with this solution. I think that "Automatic update after user login" is unchecked by default.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.