Easybcd Boot From ISO File

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by drhu22, Jun 30, 2022.

1. drhu22

drhu22 Registered Member

Are there any tips to get more iso to boot using Easybcd? Im having very little luck except for Hirens boot cd and Slitaz (Linux os).

Any help would be much appreciated!

2. Raza0007

Raza0007 Registered Member

EasyBCD cannot boot from ISO's on UEFI/GPT based systems, and since majority of the systems on the market for the past many years have been UEFI/GPT, so I am guessing they have not worked on adding to or fixing ISO boot functionality in EasyBCD since their 2015 update.

I upgraded from MBR to UEFI in 2018 and before that I used to regularly boot from ISO's using EasyBCD. I do recall that it was a hit or miss situation. If booting an ISO from hard disk did not work, I used to load it into RAM first and then it worked fine most of the time. Also, ISO's created by Rufus worked more often then those created by other utilities.

However, even back then I mostly used EasyBCD to boot into Wim files. Sorry if I was not much help, but I have not booted into an ISO through EasyBCD since 2018 and I doubt anybody else has either due to UEFI limitations.

3. drhu22

drhu22 Registered Member

Your reply is helpful and much appreciated... thanks Raza0007!

Last edited: Jul 23, 2022
  4. billmcct

billmcct Registered Member

5. Raza0007

Raza0007 Registered Member

EasyBCD supports UEFI, but it does not support booting a non-Microsoft-signed ISO on a UEFI based system. Only WinPE based Wim images can be booted using EasyBCD on UEFI.

See this: https://neosmart.net/wiki/easybcd/uefi/

Last edited: Jul 23, 2022
  6. drhu22

drhu22 Registered Member

Thanks very much for your post Raza0007... that explains everything I needed to know.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2022
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.