Easy question on RegistryProt

Discussion in 'Trojan Defence Suite' started by KenKraft, Mar 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KenKraft

KenKraft Registered Member

Hi all,
    I didn't want to start a whole forum just to ask one small question on RegistryProt.
    Can someone tell me how to shut it down besides killing it with taskmanager?
    Something a little more elegant. I need to shut it down every now and then for various
    reasons. Thanks for any answer. :)
    KenKraft

2. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

RegProt has an admin program used to start/stop it, and to enable/disable running it at system startup. The screen shot below is the interface for it.

Look where you installed regprot.exe for a program called rpadmin.exe, that's the admin control program.

Attached Files:

3. Wayne - DiamondCS

Wayne - DiamondCS Security Expert

Like LWM said you can just press the Stop button, but terminating it via Task Manager is also perfectly safe

4. KenKraft

KenKraft Registered Member

Thanks, LWM. I had seen that file in the RP folder, but was kinda afraid to open
    it because it has a registry file-like icon, and an exe extension. I had read through
    the help file once and didn't find the answer I had asked in my post, but after
    reading your reply, I read through the help file again(slower this time) and found
    the one sentence reference to rpadmin.exe under the Installation section. Believe
    it or not, I've been making good use of RegistryProt for over two years, and have
    just killed it with taskmanager when necessary.
    Quite awhile ago on the old DCS forum, I asked the following question, but don't
    recall the answer I got, so I'll ask again. In the help file I was reminded about the
    history log that isn't. ;) Is there still no history log capability, or is there something
    I need to do to enable it? Thanks again, :)
    KenKraft -
    Longtime user of both the mini-but-mighty RegistryProt, and the profoundly
    defensive Process Guard.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.