Easy installation question (I hope)

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by MarieBoyer, Mar 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MarieBoyer

MarieBoyer Registered Member

I bought version 9 from NewEgg and installed it tonight. I then learned that a product update was available so I downloaded that to my desktop. I wanted to know if I could install the new version "over" the old version.

I looked at the Acronis website FAQs, and there was a FAQ that said you could install "over" the previous version, but to do that you would chose the option "repair/upgrade" during the installation process.

So, I went ahead and installed "over" the earlier version but there was NO "repair/upgrade" option along the way. It just installed without every giving me that option.

Did I do something wrong? Do I need to uninstall and start over?

Thanks in advance.

2. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

If the True Image Help About... screen shows you have build 2337 (TI Home version) then you are probably OK. Of course, the only way to be sure is to make a backup and restore it.

If it doesn't show build 2337 uninstall the whole thing and then re-install the upgrade. The upgrades are actually full versions and don't need any of the previous version.

Be sure you keep your serial number in a safe place.

3. MarieBoyer

I took the safe route and simply uninstalled and reinstalled the newer version. I am a little worried because last night I created a disk image, saved it to my Maxtor external drive, and afterwards went into the archive and could not find the backup I had named. I also made the rescue CD and it got me nowhere. From the bootable CD, once I got the Acronis screen, I pressed "full option" (or something like that?) and I got nothing but a blue screen. (This happened twice.)

I had something similar to this with my trial version and some folks helped me out, so I may do a search for those answers. But will take any other suggestions you might have. Perhaps the best suggestion is simply to try everything in the latest build tonight. (I made my rescue CD and disk image last night with the older build.)

So, I am going to try it all again tonight. Any other tips much appreciated!

Thanks for your help!

4. bVolk

bVolk Registered Member

Nice to see you back, MarieBoyer,

You mean you are going to make a new Rescue CD from the latest build, don't you?

Last edited: Mar 31, 2006
  5. MarieBoyer

Exactly BVolk! Hi there. Indeed I believe you were the person who helped me awhile ago with my trial version. I am ever so grateful to see you here again!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.