easy back up strategy

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by arguros, Mar 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. arguros

arguros Registered Member

Hi,
    I have a 500GB Disk and a 400GB Disk.

Is there any utility in HDM 2010 that just allows me to syncronize the content of the 500GB in the 400GB one? I do not need any incremental files backup, just the very last file version would be fine. I also I do not want to have them
    compressed. I just need a simple one to one copy. Of course If I add 50Gb of data, I would like just to have this last data copied over to the second Hard Drive

Thanks

2. Robin A.

Robin A. Registered Member

I think HDM cannot "synchronize" files.
    I follow a very smiliar backup strategy for my "data" files, using an internal 500 GB disk and an external USB 500 GB disk, using Karen´s Replicator.
    I use Paragon (and other) software to create manual backups of the system partition, using the WinPE boot disk.

3. arguros

Hi,

I am looking for a program that works as a file increment back up strategy but it does not store the history. I don't need it. I would like the full basic archive that can be updated with the new data every data I run it.

Exampe

1) First Full back up - 20Gb
    2) I add 2GB of data to the hard drive
    3) Second back up = 22Gb. Just one archive that has been created using only the last 2GB of data.

Thanks

4. Mech_An

Mech_An Registered Member

Do you mean File Increment to base File archive or File Increment to base partition/HDD archive?
    There are 3 ways:
    1) schedule full file archive = 1 archive will be overwritten every time, but not incremental.
    2) schedule File Increment to full file-level backup = chain of incremetal archives to base backup
    These 2 ways require file-level backup as a base
    3) Cyclic Differential backup = 1 latest differential archive and base archive
    Please note that cyclic backup works on sector level and requires full partition backup as a base.

For more information about differences between differential and incremental please refer to http://kb.paragon-software.com/para...atId=2124&objId=6679&statId=1416298&foLang=en

5. Paragon_Tommy

Paragon_Tommy Paragon Moderator

6. Grasmith

Grasmith Registered Member

Is it possible that a folder synchronising prog would do the job?

Edit:

I see Paragon Tommy beat me to it!

7. arguros

Thanks,
    I found syncback, and it does what I need.
    I discovered I just needed the simple mirror funcion of this sofware.
    It seems a very good program

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.