easy back up strategy

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by arguros, Mar 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. arguros

arguros Registered Member

Hi,
    I have a 500GB Disk and a 400GB Disk.

Is there any utility in HDM 2010 that just allows me to syncronize the content of the 500GB in the 400GB one? I do not need any incremental files backup, just the very last file version would be fine. I also I do not want to have them
    compressed. I just need a simple one to one copy. Of course If I add 50Gb of data, I would like just to have this last data copied over to the second Hard Drive

Thanks

2. Robin A.

Robin A. Registered Member

I think HDM cannot "synchronize" files.
    I follow a very smiliar backup strategy for my "data" files, using an internal 500 GB disk and an external USB 500 GB disk, using Karen´s Replicator.
    I use Paragon (and other) software to create manual backups of the system partition, using the WinPE boot disk.

3. arguros

Hi,

I am looking for a program that works as a file increment back up strategy but it does not store the history. I don't need it. I would like the full basic archive that can be updated with the new data every data I run it.

Exampe

1) First Full back up - 20Gb
    2) I add 2GB of data to the hard drive
    3) Second back up = 22Gb. Just one archive that has been created using only the last 2GB of data.

Thanks

4. Mech_An

Mech_An Registered Member

Do you mean File Increment to base File archive or File Increment to base partition/HDD archive?
    There are 3 ways:
    1) schedule full file archive = 1 archive will be overwritten every time, but not incremental.
    2) schedule File Increment to full file-level backup = chain of incremetal archives to base backup
    These 2 ways require file-level backup as a base
    3) Cyclic Differential backup = 1 latest differential archive and base archive
    Please note that cyclic backup works on sector level and requires full partition backup as a base.

For more information about differences between differential and incremental please refer to http://kb.paragon-software.com/para...atId=2124&objId=6679&statId=1416298&foLang=en

5. Paragon_Tommy

Paragon_Tommy Paragon Moderator

6. Grasmith

Grasmith Registered Member

Is it possible that a folder synchronising prog would do the job?

Edit:

I see Paragon Tommy beat me to it!

7. arguros

Thanks,
    I found syncback, and it does what I need.
    I discovered I just needed the simple mirror funcion of this sofware.
    It seems a very good program

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.