Easus backup software?

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by surfbug, Jun 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. surfbug

surfbug Registered Member

I am using easus backup software. I saw C: drive to B: driver on easus backup and then I clicked inside my external hd and I saw c:drive to J drive although it cloned my entire hd into the external hd. Is it ok?

Attached Files:

2. OldMX

OldMX Registered Member

And what you wanted to do, perform a disk clone or a disk image?

3. roger_m

roger_m Registered Member

Can you be a bit clearer, I can't understand what are saying.

4. surfbug

surfbug Registered Member

If my hard drive is toasted. How do I recovery my system from easus backup software?

5. roger_m

If you've done a full clone of your hard drive, and not made an image you can use this EASEUS Disk copy to clone the backup drive to a new hard drive.

6. MarcP

MarcP Registered Member

Clone will not work on a toast HD. That's why you've been asked twice if you want to clone or image, but you're not answering.

7. roger_m

I was guessing that he meant if his hard drive has problems in the future.

But, quite often faulty hard drives can be cloned with Disk Copy, and the new clone will boot Windows and work fine, even when the faulty drive wouldn't boot.

8. RobertSF

RobertSF Registered Member

That's because he clearly doesn't understand the difference. Oftentimes, people know so little that they don't know what to ask. A little explanation goes a long way in those cases.

We also have to allow for changing terminology. Ten years ago, the terms "clone" and "image" were interchangeable. In both cases, it meant to create a single file inside which the software had stuffed the entire hard drive, sector by sector. Today, of course, "clone" means to duplicate a hard drive, sort of like the old DOS diskcopy, while "image" means to create a single file in which everything is stuffed.

9. MarcP

MarcP Registered Member

And yet he's been using Norton Ghost since 2006 (look at his post history). Go figure...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.