easiest way to prevent end user from disabling NOD32

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by rsalvador, Jan 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rsalvador

rsalvador Registered Member

What is easiest way to prevent end user from disabling NOD32? Using v3 of ERAS.

Thanks!

2. JRCATES

JRCATES Registered Member

Strictly my thoughts on the subject.....

but I would "Password Protect" the settings. Before the end user could disable NOD, they would have to enter a password, and then reply to the question "Are you sure you want to disable NOD?"

That may not be the answer you are looking for, but to me, that would be the easiest and most effective....

3. nonoise

nonoise Registered Member

i concur :)

4. edwin3333

edwin3333 Registered Member

They can still uninstall it as of version 3, even if password protected. Is there a way to prevent that like in 2.7? I have a few home workers who have done this.

5. Geosoft

Geosoft Registered Member

Hello Edwin,

I was doing some testing on EAV4, and noticed that they have harden the security on it so that you must enter the configuration password before it prompts to uninstall or repair the installation. Maybe this will answer this problem once EAV4 goes gold?

6. a13a

a13a Registered Member

Ummm how about not giving users admin/power user access to the machine? That would also prevent the majority of chances of infection as well, it's -by far- the most effective method of protection in general.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.