Easiest Setup for Home WAN Monitoring

Discussion in 'Capsa Network Analyzer' started by curiousgeorge10, Jul 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. curiousgeorge10

curiousgeorge10 Registered Member

I am very interested in this product, however it seems that it is not suitable for the particular use I have in mind.

Instead of wired based connections as you mention in your installations, i am much more interested in the wireless aspect.

I have a wireless cable modem/router switch that does not have spanning, (this one http://www22.verizon.com/residentialhelp/fiosinternet/networking/setup/vz9100em/123515.htm)

I would like to be able to monitor traffic usage and percentages from my own wireless laptop.

Currently, I can only see data sent from or to my computer, not any other computer on the network.

I imagine that I would need to purchase an additional wireless modem, and a wireless hub (do those exist?) to achieve what I would like, is this correct? is their a easier way, or will nothing work.

Thanks for your time!

2. Searching_ _ _

Searching_ _ _ Registered Member

A wireless NIC is sort of a switch or hub.
    It listens to all traffic in the air and filters for what you need, dropping others.

Look into HostAP and Karma, there are others.
    There are solutions for single WNICs.

Also check out hak5 and the pineapple or monkey.

3. curiousgeorge10

curiousgeorge10 Registered Member

4. Colasoft Support

Colasoft Support Colasoft Moderator

Well, Capsa can not support wireless capture now, this function will be available soon.:)

Last edited: Aug 31, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.