Easier way to copy .dat files?

Discussion in 'ProcessGuard' started by Dazed_and_Confused, Jun 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dazed_and_Confused

Dazed_and_Confused Registered Member

Now that I see that keeping current backups of the PG .dat files in the System32 directory is an ABSOLUTE MUST :rolleyes: , is there an easier way to gain access to these files (to be able to copy them) other than restarting the PC in SAFE mode?

2. Tassie_Devils

Tassie_Devils Global Moderator

Yep.. simply turn it off... or turn off Protection for a bit.. I just exited it myself...copied, then restarted it.

TAS

3. Dazed_and_Confused

Wow! That's not bad, Tas. Thanks!! :D I assumed that since you had to be in safe mode to replace the files that you had to be in safe mode to copy them too. That's not too bad. I'm going to write a batch file to copy them. Is there a way to enable/disable PG within a batch file? Now that would really be nice!

4. tuatara

tuatara Registered Member

what about adding an 'restore protection list' option at 'save protection list' ?

Thanks for the info Tass. i had overlooked this ...

5. jwcca

jwcca Registered Member

I don't think that an option in a batch file would be a safe thing, if it existed, it would allow bad apps to simply run the batch file to shutdown PG and then play with your system.

6. Dazed_and_Confused

I was wondering about that. What about programming the app do automatic backup of these files?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.