eamon.sys - I can't install the software

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by pattyrios, Jan 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pattyrios

pattyrios Registered Member

Hello friends,
    I'm new here. I've installed ESET Smart Security 4 several times in different computers, but this time I can't do it.
    I got this message during the installation :
    Ha ocurrido un error al escribir el archivo C:\Progrm Files\ESET\ESET Samrt Security\Drivers\eamon\eamon.sys Verifique tener acceso a la carpeta.
    After this, I can't continue the installation.
    What can I do please?
    Please give me your help and ideas, step by step.
    HELP ME PLEASE!!
    My computer needs this software!!
    Thank you very much in advance.

2. RyanH

RyanH Eset Staff Account

You may either have a previous Antivirus program on there still or still have remnants of a previous version of our software on there. If it's the first, there may be a removal tool you can run from their support page. For our software, please use the following to make sure that you don't have any remnants left on your machine. Also make sure that you are logged into an account with Administrator privileges.

First download the ESET Uninstaller application (384 KB) and save it to your Desktop. The utility can be found here:

http://download.eset.com/special/ESETUninstaller.exe

1. Restart your computer. During startup, continually press the F8 key until the Windows Advanced Options Menu is displayed. Select Safe Mode and press ENTER.

2. Login to your account.

3. In safe mode, double click on the ESETUninstaller utility program you downloaded earlier. Follow the on screen directions.

4. Reboot the computer and again go into Safe Mode.

5. Once logged into safe mode click on Start > Run, type regedit and click OK.

6. Find and delete the following registry keys:

-HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\ESET
    -HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\ESET

7. Click Start -> Control Panel -> Folder Options -> View tab -> select Show hidden files and folders.

Vista Users: click Start -> Control Panel -> Appearance and Personalizaton -> Folder Options -> View tab -> Show hidden files and folders.

8. Delete the following folders:

C:\Program Files\ESET
    C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\ESET

Vista Users must delete the following folders:

C:\Program Files\ESET
    C:\Program Data\ESET

9. Once it is done, reboot your computer.

10. You are now ready to install ESET again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.