EAMON.SYS BSOD on Server 2008

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by rburlingame, Oct 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rburlingame

rburlingame Registered Member

Recently my production server has been rebooting at random times for no apparent reason. Event logs only give cryptic bugcheck error and dump log location. I pulled the dump logged, which is attached in a text file, and it seems we have an issue with eamon.sys causing a BSOD and rebooting the server. The only recent changes that were made was an upgrade of Backup Exec 2010 from R2 to R3, and the usual MS OS updates. The upgrade and updates were performed on 10/23/2011. If anyone can decipher the dump log well enough to tell me a fix; it would be greatly appreciated. This is causing major production down time.

Attached Files:

2. dmaasland

dmaasland Registered Member

I'd suggest contacting support, they'll be able to assist you much faster with this.

3. SmackyTheFrog

SmackyTheFrog Registered Member

eamonm.sys is the driver Nod32 uses for real-time scanning and it hooks in at a low level in the IO subsystem. Because of this, a wide array of hardware failures such as bad memory, disk, or disk controllers (among others) can cause this behavior and they are erroneously reported as a eamonm driver fault. I would run hardware diagnostics first to rule that out up front.

We run 2010R3 with v3, 4, and 4.2 on our production servers without seeing the symptoms you describe but that's just my anecdote. You may have stumbled in to some kind of compatibility issue in your situation.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.