E007001 Internal Error; unhandled exception

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by navkan, Jun 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. navkan

navkan Registered Member

Just for info, my first two attempts at full disk imaging with a brand new copy of TI8 resulted in the subject error. The third time it was successful.
    My computer is a Dell with 3 partitions, 2 unlabeled. I imaged to a usb hard drive

2. Donprovo

Donprovo Registered Member

You will see that error when you try to proceed with creating an image with an incorrect archive location or name selected.

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Fred,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

First of all, please make sure you use the latest (889) build, which is available on our web site at http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/support/updates/. To get access to updates you should register your software first at http://www.acronis.com/my/products/registration/. Please disable any download managers, internet download/connection boosters, etc. before the download.

If the problem persists with the latest build please create Acronis Report in the way described at Acronis Help Post with the USB drive plugged and send it to support@acronis.com along with the link to this thread. Also please indicate whether the problem appeared when you created images manually or was the task scheduled?

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

4. Donprovo

I have gotten this error message with every build since 796 and it still exists in 889.

5. Acronis Support

Hello Donprovo,

Do you get the error message only if the image archive location is incorrect as you described in your previous post or in other cases as well? Did you get it when everything was set up correctly?

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

6. Donprovo

Hi Ilya.

I never see it when I set up the archive name and location correctly. Only when the create image location is incorrectly specified by me.

Sometimes I use the dropdown box which shows the last archive created and then I change a few letters and proceed. This is most likely to cause the error to be generated because the path to the archive storage location is sometimes incorrectly specified.

Another way I have caused it to be generated is when I specify the archive name but fail to click on the drive location so the complete path is not part of the archive name/location in the setup box.

I never see it any other time.

7. Acronis Support

Hello Donprovo,

In your case it seems that you get the error only when you should get it. I don't think it is a problem then. However, if you encounter it with all the paramateres set up correctly please feel free to contact us with the detailed descriptions and we will do our best in order to help you.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

8. Donprovo

I wholeheartedly agree!

I think the confusion comes to users who have never seen this error before. The error message language gives no clue as to what the error is caused by. Therefore, users come to the forum repeatedly asking what it means.

Maybe "someday" your programmers could improve the error message language so it relates to the actual problem that caused the error.

9. navkan

navkan Registered Member

I agree, the error message is not very helpful. Anyway, I have done another test image creation and everything worked fine

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.