E006403EE: task script error

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Stan S Bury, May 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stan S Bury

Stan S Bury Guest

E006403EE: task script error

I’ve used trueimage build 786 about 3 times since buying it in January to backup my c:\ drive to external hardrive. TrueImage was installed on c drive.

When I tried to use it today to do full backup I got the error message listed above. (I had just defragmented my c:\drive). It says my hardrive may be damaged. (All other software is working fine.

I uninstalled & reinstalled software and got same message

I uninstalled & reinstalled software on the external harddrive and got same message.

I upgraded to 826 build and installed on external hardrive, but I still get same message.

What should I try now?
    (Have already sent e-mail to trueimage support)

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Stan S Bury,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Could you please let me know your Acronis request #which was sent to you in autoreply? I will find out how the investigation of your problem is going.

As for the problem itself, please make sure you perform the image creation under appropriate account (i.e. you have the access to \Documents and Settings\[User name]\Application Data\Acronis\TrueImage\Scripts folder).

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

3. Stan S Bury

Stan S Bury Guest

Thanks for prompt response,

I think this is # you are looking for Acronis #277642

If not let me know,

I'll check on the access. I am only user of this PC and should have full access to all folders

Thanks again,
    Stan

4. Acronis Support

Hello Stan,

That is exactly what I asked you for, thank you. I have found your letter and we will find a solution via e-mail from now on.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

5. stan s bury

stan s bury Guest

Ilya,

You've fixed it!

I went back and unchecked read-only box for entire acronis folder, not just script folder.

My backup is inprogress now.

thanks again!

stan

6. nilesf

nilesf Registered Member

I do not see a sctipt folder. I do see one under "All User" and applied the changes here. I still get the error.

Also is there a way to restore in a "point-in-time" or a complete drive remotely? I keep getting a dialog that says that "The logical disk you have chosen is currently in use".

Niles

7. Acronis Support

Hello Niles,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please make sure that you use the latest build of the respective version of Acronis True Image which is available at: http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/support/updates/

To get access to updates you should create an account at:
    http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/my/
    then log in and use your serial number to register your software.

If you use the latest version, please reinstall the software and see whether the problem still persists.

We recommend you to create the bootable rescue media with the latest update of Acronis True Image, boot your computer form it and try to restore your image in rescue mode.

Please let us know the results.

Thank you.
    --
    Tatyana Tsyngaeva

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.