E00640068. "Interface is Unknown"

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by bob-m, Mar 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bob-m

bob-m Registered Member

Could someone translate this message for me? I was backing up a partition, the D: drive from the C: partition of W98. My computer has 2 partitions containing W98se. One is a clean install onto a new physical drive. The other used to be W95, and I installed W98 over it. It does not work as well as the clean install. This is one of those times. I went over to the clean W98, and the same operation went OK.
    I am using TI 8.0 Build 768.

Maybe I could fix it if I knew what the error meant. The full text is:
    E00640068 Failed to create the scheduled task. Error #1717 "The interface is unknown".
    It occurs after the windows for passwords and comments go away, and it is ready to start imaging.
    What interface is it referring to?

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

3. bob-m

bob-m Registered Member

I tried 3 times to repeat the problem, and it worked OK each time, so I cannot supply the screenshots.

If it happens again, I will try to capture the screen.

But I did report in the 1st message here exactly what it said. Don't you have a list of these errors and some additional information about what the program is trying to do? It could give us a clue about where to look.
    In the meantime, I guess a reboot should fix it , whatever it is.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.