E00640009 Creating deployment script failed

Discussion in 'Other Acronis Products' started by shar0119, May 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shar0119

shar0119 Registered Member

I went into Acronis Snap Deploy Management Console and then tried to create a new template. I was able to pick the image file and then filled in the description for it and clicked the next button to get the following error:

E00640009 Creating deployment script failed

Can someone please help?

Thanks for your time.

Chris

2. SPaddock

SPaddock Registered Member

Hi Chris,

Not that this helps, but I'm seeing a similar error message and can't find a reference to it anywhere. I've gotten as far as capturing an image and when I try to deploy it back to the target system the Management Console says I need to make a template (there aren't any- new install). This is where I get my error message that's similar- when I go through all the options and try to save I get "E00640017: Creating deployment script failed. Please, consult with technical support service". I'm not seeing any errors in the application log, and am logged into the server as an administrator, so I don't think directory permissions are in the way.

As I said, I don't know that this adds much to the discussion, but I'm having a similar snag.

Cheers,

Scott.

3. shar0119

shar0119 Registered Member

Any acronis support here to reply to this post?

I guess this is a bug in their application. Overall i have found acronis software to be extremely buggy and unstable.

I am surprised that no tech support person would respond to this query or emails which I sent....

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello shar0119,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Complete System Deployment Software.

Please accept our apologies for the delay with the response.

Please create new template and make the screenshots of the template creation wizard. Please also describe your installation state (e.g. where have you installed Acronis OS Deploy Server, Acronis PXE Server, Acronis License Server to?).

Please submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected screen shots to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread.
    We really need this information because it would let us investigate the problem under consideration thoroughly and provide you with a possible workaround.

Thank you.
    --
    Kirill Omelchenko

5. mdmosley

mdmosley Registered Member

So what was the solution? I'm getting the same error.:(

6. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello mdmosle,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Complete System Deployment Software.

Please follow the instructions from my post above and submit a request with the necessary information. We will investigate the issue and certainlyprovide you with a solution.

The main thing is that the same error message can be resulted from different reasons. This means that each time we need diagnostic info of the particular customer who has this error.

Thank you.
    --
    Kirill Omelchenko

7. rcg6619&#

rcg6619&# Registered Member

sorry dont want to hijack this thread just want to add some too.

yes this error came up to earlier when i try to image one of our laptop and your your right it wont create log about this error.
    what i did is i went to services and restart all acronis but now when i opem management console the target computer is looks fine but the management console shows nothing ,just wondering if this also related to some of issues of this software.

8. DS1234

DS1234 Registered Member

Hi, I got the same error. But I did get around it.

Install the console on a remote PC and connect back to it. You can create the template from there.

As for what is happening: From what I can see using filemon from sysinternals (add a www. and a .com to the before and after to get the tool) in the script creation process it looks in the boot.ini for its file saving location (an alternate option might be to use the system variables %systemroot% or %homedrive%%homepath% or something other than the boot.ini.

The problem is that after it looks at that it seems like it is trying to see the string "c:\multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS" rather than just "multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS".

I couldn't find anywhere to change this so I just assumed it has been hardcoded.

Anyway, I hope the workaround will suit you all :)

9. Scala

Scala Registered Member

I'm pretty sure I found a bug relating to this error.

I was deploying 6 machines, using IP's x.x.x.23 --> 28

However when I tried to create the template I got this error.

Then as an experiment (hunch) I tried changing the 28 to 29.

Bingo it worked.

Seems it's calculating 28-23 = 5 therefore 5 IP addresses (wrong answer. It's 6 of course) and concluding that you can't use 5 IP's for 6 machines.

Would have been nice to a have a more detailed error message too in this situation.

Do I need to repost this somewhere to file a bug report?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.