E00079920 - in a panic

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by jimrx4, Nov 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jimrx4

jimrx4 Registered Member

Using TI 10
    Backed up C with defaults so it was verified
    (backed of to my 2nd physical drive d)
    Having a problem with another program that Microsoft is helping me fix
    Did a fresh install of C but verified image with TI 10 1st
    Looked for problem that I was discussing with MS & found my results
    Booted up with TI reciovery CD
    Received the dreaded E00070020!
    Why? why? why? why?
    I've read some cures in this discussion group ad nauseum but none make any sense to my predicament. Is my original image trash! Good lord, I'm stuck with an awful lot of work
    Is my original backup is now trash!

2. foghorne

foghorne Registered Member

Hi jimrx4

once you have scraped youself off the ceiling :rolleyes:

Reboot your rescue disk and check the build number. It should be 4871. If it isn't download 4871, install it and create a new rescue disk and try again.

If you are using the latest version I suggest you look at building a BartPE boot disk which will allow to run the Windows version of ATI from a boot CD (instead of the Linux one you seem to be having problems with).

See https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showpost.php?p=839781&postcount=1

F.

3. jimrx4

jimrx4 Registered Member

I wish I could say the Bart plug-in worked but that also reported a corrupt image.

If the image is corrupt why can I mount it and explore it with no problem(s). Also copy from it too.

4. foghorne

foghorne Registered Member

If one bit of an image is corrupt it will fail a checksum test. However in mount mode, only the file containing the error will be corrupt.

You didin't say why you didn't use the rescue disk. It would be interesting to see if a validation check from this yields different results.

F.

5. jimrx4

jimrx4 Registered Member

I really should be more forthcoming in my posts. I did try the rescue disk - again got a corrupt image.

In the long run, I think I'll uninstall ATI 10 and go back to ATI 9. Rarely if ever had a problem with that.

I would think that with all the tech know-hows at Acronis one would devise a program that could trace the problem file(s), but maybe a program such as that would be greater than a gazillion bytes.

6. Ralphie

Ralphie Registered Member

Quite a number of us are staying with ver 9. I am. At least I know the bugs in it will not bite me. :D :D

7. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello jimrx4,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delayed response.

Could you please provide us with additional information to investigate this issue thoroughly and to provide you with a possible workaround?

1) Did you use Acronis True Image Bootable Rescue Media or did you use Acronis True Image in Windows to create image archive?

2) Did you create a disk/partition image or backup of separate files/folders (file-based backup)?

3) Where did you store the image archive (local or external hard drive, CD\DVD discs or another storage media)?

Please also do the following:

- Create a new image archive when Acronis True Image 10.0 Home is running from under Windows and then validate this image when Acronis True Image 10.0 Home is running from under Windows and when your PC is booted from Bootable Rescue CD of Acronis True Image 10.0 Home;

- Create a new image archive when your PC is booted from Bootable Rescue CD of Acronis True Image 10.0 Home and then validate this image both when Acronis True Image 10.0 Home is running from under Windows and when your PC is booted from Acronis True Image Bootable Rescue CD;

Please also send us the log file from Acronis True Image 10.0 Home that contains the error message. In order to do so please do the following:

- run the program;

- select Show log on the toolbar or from the Tools menu;

- select the log with error messages;

- click "Save the log entry to file" (the diskette icon)

Then submit a request for technical support with the subject indicating that you want to contact Aleksandr Isakov. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.