E00070020 - Corrupt image!

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Pmivp, Feb 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pmivp

Pmivp Registered Member

Still testing Echo Enterprise Server backing up Windows 2003 Servers across the network to a NAS box. The images are stored on an ext3 partition.

Test backups are completing and verifying but I am having issues restoring one of the images. I am getting E00070020 when trying to do a test restore to new hardware (using universal restore) when booting from the cd.
    I can verify the image (ran it twice) from the cd but it will not restore and results in error code E00070020.

How can it verify it then say its corrupt? :doubt:

I am going to try switching out the sata cables and test the memory as per other posts.

Note - Previously I have successfully restored this Server when the image was backed up to a USB drive - I think I might try that again too.

Any other ideas?

Thanks

2. Pmivp

Pmivp Registered Member

Switching sata cables did not help.

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Pmivp,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Remote Server Backup Software.

Could you please collect some information to let us investigate the problem thoroughly?

Please create Linux system information (sysinfo.txt) as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Please also try storing the image on a different filesystem or/and storage device and performing validation/restore operations. Please inform us of the results.

Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

4. Pmivp

Pmivp Registered Member

I re-formatted the drive I was using to backup with and for the next weekend's test images everything worked fine with backing up and restoring to new hardware.

This past weekend I have another image from a different Server that will verify every time but will not restore. I've tried it on different computers using the restore cd using full and safe modes, and I've also tried it from within Windows and still end up not being able to restore. The Windows method doesn't say that the image is corrupt but "is unable to install service blah blah" (3 of these) and quits.

It's so nearly what I want - the reliability factor is just missing.

Luckily I am still in the testing phase and have not laid out any cash yet.
    I am going to contact my sales rep and request that I get the latest build to see it that helps with the problem. I am also going to purchase a couple more hard drives to backup with to rule out a dodgey drive.

I'm not shelling out for this software for 4 Servers when I have images that are useless in a disaster recovery scenario!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.