E00070020 Corrupt Archieve

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by irvdk, Aug 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. irvdk

irvdk Registered Member

Everytime that I tried to verify a backup I kept getting the error E00070020 'The Archieve is corrupt'. After reading all these post I thought that I would try something.
    Here is what I found.
    After running TI 8.0 for a year or more I upgraded to 9.0.3677, and that's when the problem started to happen.
    I un-installed and reinstalled TI 9.0.3677 tried again and had the same error message.
    I am running an AMD 2600 with a standard processor speed of 1917GHz. I have it overclocked to 2150GHz and have had it that way for quite a while.
    I reduced the clock speed back to standard. I rebooted and ran a backup of my C: drive to a USB external drive. I was then able to verify the backup without problem. The problem was solved. To prove my problem, I reversed the above procedure and the problem returned.
    For some reason TI 9.0 recognizes that the processor is not set righto_O Can someone explain that?

2. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

I don't think TI is really noticing your processor is not "set right". Bumping up the clock speed is raising the memory access speed and it is too high for TI to run reliably. It is known that TI really gives memory and disk systems a good workout.

To designate an archive as corrupt requires only 1 bit out of several gigabytes to be read incorrectly.

3. irvdk

irvdk Registered Member

Have they made this difference with TI 9.0? This problem never appeared with 8.0 as I backed up weekly with it. Never a clitch. I guess that I now have to either permanently reduce the overclock, or find another product that will allow be to backup with the overclock. It's really strange though, as the MB front side bus is 333 and I am using a matched set of 2 gig of PC 3200. I guess that I do not totally understand the situation.
    Thanks Irv

4. max0071

max0071 Registered Member

I have a similar problem. How do you reduce the clock speedo_O

5. irvdk

irvdk Registered Member

How do you know that if you don't know how to correct it? You have to go into the bios and set it to auto.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.