E00070004 Code 4 Write Error

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by egwolfjr, Sep 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. egwolfjr

egwolfjr Registered Member

Help!

I'm getting this error repeatedly when I run TI 8.0 Build 768. The text indicates that a possible cause is a defective media. The destination media is a USB 2.0 drive NTFS formatted.

What are some possible other causes?

Where can one get a detailed list of error codes and their possible causes?

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello --

Please, can you check your drive with the Checkdisk utility (Start-> Run -> and issue a "chkdsk /r" command in the command line) and see if it fixes the problem. If it doesn't please send me the Acronis True Image log that can eb created using the in-built feature of the product (the icon is located in the same row as "Verify", etc.)

Thank you.

3. egwolfjr

I ran the chkdsk /r on the drive. No problems reported (it did have to do it at boot time as the volume was locked).

Attached is the log you requested.

OS info:

Win2000
    512K RAM

Dell Latitude Laptop.

Attached Files:

4. egwolfjr

Attached is the information you requested. Please advise ....

5. egwolfjr

I'm still getting this error. Even with the new release.

The drive was reformated to NTFS and the error remains.

Any help appreciated.

6. wedaniel

wedaniel Registered Member

I am trying to get True Image 8 Build 774 boot CD working. I can create drive images with TI fine from inside Windows XP Professional. When I boot off the CD everything goes fine until it tries to burn to DVD-R or DVD-RW media. I get the error "E00070004: failed to write data to image archive file - A possible reason might be poor media quality." I am using the same drive/DVD media as I did inside Windows XP when it worked but it does not seem to work from boot CD. I have tried new DVD-RW and new DVD-R but get the same error. Any suggestions? I have tried searching the forums and only got 2 message threads.

Thanks

7. Acronis Support

Hello wedaniel,

Thank you for choosing Acronis True Image (http://www.acronis.com/products/trueimage/).

Please note that Acronis True Image standalone version (when booting from Acronis bootable rescue media) cannot write to DVD discs. Acronis True Image can write to DVD discs only under Windows using a third-party writing software. Please visit the following page on our site: http://www.acronis.com/products/trueimage/faq.html#20

Thank you.

--
    Best regards,
    Andrew Berezovsky

Acronis, Inc.
    395 Oyster Point Blvd., Suite 213
    South San Francisco, CA 94080 USA
    http://www.acronis.com/

Acronis support department
    e-mail: support@acronis.com

Acronis... compute with confidence

8. Acronis Support

Hello egwolfjr,

Thank you for using Acronis True Image (http://www.acronis.com/products/trueimage/).

Please contact support@acronis.com on this matter or send me a Private Message with your email address and I will contact you soon with diagnostic instructions.

Thank you.

--
    Best regards,
    Andrew Berezovsky

Acronis, Inc.
    395 Oyster Point Blvd., Suite 213
    South San Francisco, CA 94080 USA
    http://www.acronis.com/

Acronis support department
    e-mail: support@acronis.com

Acronis... compute with confidence

9. maximyk

maximyk Guest

Hello!
    I'm getting this error when I boot TI 8.0 Build 774 from BOOT RESCUE MEDIA DISK and want CREATE IMAGE on my Transcend portable hard disk USB2.0. The destination media is a USB2.0 drive NTFS formatted. After error appear I format to FAT32 but error did't fixed. However, RESTOR IMAGE working properly.
    p.s User EQWOLFJR was satisfied ?

10. Acronis Support

Hello maximyk,

Please contact support@acronis.com regarding this problem.

Thank you.

--
    Best regards,
    Andrew Berezovsky

11. egwolfjr

The Problem still exists and I just sent a email to Acronis so that we can follow up some more on this.

I just opted to quit using the drive that had "poor media" until I could devote some time to the solution. The problem exists with vers 774.

12. JKO

JKO Guest

Hi all,

the problem we run into on this subject is the following:
    when we try to create a "auto sized" file size all goes well (with 6 servers running to the same dir).
    when trying the same (with six servers) with the setting 700MB file sizes.....
    the image creation starts off great but after (sometimes before) creating the second file (for every server) the images fail with error E00070004.

the splitting of the files is essential for copying the files to DVD.

J

13. Chris001

Chris001 Guest

I get the same error when the destnation is a shared folder inside my network. It get's stucked with this error at around 30% (no split file, normal compression), have made a chkdsk /f

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.