E00040011 path length

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by kurtd, Oct 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kurtd

kurtd Registered Member

TI 9.1 gives me the "E00040011: Failed to backup file or folder" error. I believe it is because the path length is over 256 characters. Whenever this happens, the backup just sits there idle until I click ignore. I will fix the files that have a long path length, but this is a constant problem we run into. Which means my backups will constantly fail each time a user saves a file with over 256 characters.

I can't expect my users to sit there and count characters every time they save a file so that my backup completes.... Is there a way for the program to automatically continue so that it doesn't sit there waiting for me to press ignore?

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello kurtd,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

The issue you report has been already fixed in the latest builds of Acronis True Image Corporate Products line. So we recommend you to download and install the latest build of the product that you use from the updates section of your website.

If the problem is not eliminated by installing the latest build of the product please submit a request for technical support. Provide the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Please feel free to contact us again any time should you have any further questions.

Thank you.

Best Regards,
    Alexey Bogomolov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.