E0004000A: Error creating the file

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by MhicAoidh, Jan 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MhicAoidh

MhicAoidh Registered Member

When I attempt to create an image to a shared drive on the network, I get an error box stating E0004000A: Error creating the file ...

The share is on a USB drive plugged into a XP Pro SP2 machine. The share is accessible from the laptop in question, and I can create a file, delete a file, and edit a file from the laptop (running 2000 SP4) in the shared folder by browsing across the network. So, it likely isn't a rights issue.

If I try to do an incrimental backup, it tells me the select .tib file is not a valid True Image file. It then prompts me to start a new file, and then I get the above error after clicking yes.

I've checked everything I can think of, so any thoughts would be appreciated.

TIA

Last edited: Jan 2, 2005
  2. MhicAoidh

bump...

3. Marlo

Marlo Guest

Hi,
    I've the same problem with XP Pro, Acronis 8.0 build 791. Storage is a Fastora NAS-TS4 with his own OS, ACL's etc. If this error occured and I'm checking the share on the NAS I can see the file with size 0, but I'm unable to delete it. From a W2K PC I'm able to see the correct file size and I'm able to delete it.
    Do you have a solution, that it is now working ? Any feedback would be welcome.

Thanks

Marlo

4. MhicAoidh

Nope, still no solution. I cannot find a thing wrong with my rights ... I can create and delete files in the folder from the 2000 laptop across the network ... but, for some reason, True Image cannot write to the folder.

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

6. MhicAoidh

Done. Thank you for the response. I look forward to hearing back with a solution.

7. Acronis Support

Hello MhicAoidh,

If you don't recieve any reply within 48 hours please send me a private message with your Acronis request # which was sent to you in autoreply.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

8. Marlo

Marlo Guest

Hi Acronis Support

Done. Thank you for the response. I look forward to hearing a solution.

Kds

Marlo

9. Acronis Support

Hello Marlo,

Please see my previous post, it concerns you as well. So if you do not get any response from Acronis Support Team you may send me your Acronis request # and I will find the reason for the delay.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

10. MhicAoidh

Thank you. The latest build (791) corrects this issue!

11. djheath

djheath Registered Member

I recently purchased TI8 (build 796) and now regret it, as I keep getting this error E0004000A occurring right at the end of the writing process, when trying to create an image of my 30Gb IDE HD. I have both a DVD and CDRW installed and the process terminates with the same error message in each case.My HD is a straight forward one - no SATA or RAID.

I have tried several DVDs and CDs - in each case they have been reformatted - but without success.

I am now thinking of ditching TI8 and going for Nero

12. MiniMax

MiniMax Registered Member

Can you image to the HD?

13. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hi djheath,

Please read this <Acronis True Image FAQ> and advise which method you're using when imaging to DVD. If using the direct method then please also advise which UDF packet writing software is running in the background.

Regards

14. Acronis Support

Hello djheath,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

First of all, please download the latest (826) build, which is available on our web site at http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/support/updates/. To get access to updates you should register your software first at http://www.acronis.com/my/products/registration/. Please disable any download managers, internet download/connection boosters, etc. before the download.

If the problem persists please try to create the image of the disk and store it on the hard disk rather than onto CDs or DVDs and let us know the result.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.