E000103E9:Failed to open the file xxxx.tib for write: 262

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by ViROID, Sep 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ViROID

ViROID Registered Member

Hey all,

I've been receiving this error while trying to configure Acronis to run from the command line using a scheduled Tasks. Any help would be well appreciated.

Command used to invoke ATI...

"C:\Program Files\Acronis\TrueImageServer\TrueImageCmd.exe" /create /incremental /filename:Z:\Server1\Server1_17Sep07.tib /partition:1-1 /compression:9 /progress:eek:n

Error...

E000103E9:Failed to open the file Server1_17Sep07.tib for write: 262,161.

Failed to start the backup operation.

(Note)
    Z:\ is a mapped network drive to a BuffaloTech TeraStation Pro. I've used this same configuration at other clients, just doesnt seem to be working for this one. Also, the only other location I'm currently receiving this error at is backing up to a USB drive, so I don't think its related to the fact that its a Network Drive.

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

3. ViROID

ViROID Registered Member

Acronis,

TrueImageCmd.exe is called from a batch file. First the batch file attempts to pings the TeraStation, if successful, it deletes and then re-maps the networked drive, calls TrueImageCmd.exe, and then emails a log output to a general account which can then be reviewed the next morning to confirm that the backup was successful. On the OTHER machine where we are receiving this error, Acronis is attempting to write the backup image to a USB HDD directly attached to the Server, so I don't think your remedy will resolve this issue.

Also, I ONLY have this issue when attempting to create new backup images from the command line, if I create a full-backup from within the GUI and then run the batch file, because the full-backup already exist it will successfully create an incremental.

This batch file in in use on over 40 machines right now, most of them writing backup images to a networked drive location and a few to directly attached USB HDD. I only have this problem on two machines.

...V

4. ViROID

ViROID Registered Member

Move to top.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.