E000101F4: No solutions? True Image Home 11

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Tijger4xxl, Sep 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tijger4xxl

Tijger4xxl Registered Member

Yet another item about this error message! I have been browsing all over the web, to find absolutely nothing that helps me (for Vista x64)... and others I presume! I apologize for the long story, and not even in my native language, because i am Dutch, sorry about that, too...

I have dedicated myself in working with Acronis True Image, because it showed up on all the webforums as the No.1 backup program. On the website, it also stated clearly that it is compatible with Vista (I'm running Vista x64). So I started with downloading TIH 10, which set me back for about $100. No problem! Because a good program is worth it's money. I set up my backup image, after I installed Secure zone, which was no problem. I also installed the Startup Recovery, which enables to startup from the boot. I created Recovery Media CD and it did work... in version 10... but unfortunately: no mouse, so I could not get through the menus.... annoying! The same was the case at bootup.... no F11; it just didn't work with my logitech Dinovo Bluetooth keyboard and mouse. Later on I read that there is a Linux option for switching off a USB mouse, but i doubt if that will work. But anyway: no options to verify my secure zone.

Getting frustrated and agravated, i decided to upgrade to version 11, expecting that the problems from version 10 would be solved. It set me back another $40, but at least it gave me the option to backup Outlook 2007, which is very important to me! Same setup procedure: activate startup recovery, etc. New bootup CD and surprise, surprise!: One option less: Safe Mode and..... Error code E000101F4!, not any harddrives found, or something like that! Now I really got pissed off, uninstalled the whole thing and only installed the update of version 11, having to put in two serial codes at installation. To make a long story short: everything works from within Vista; I can make backup images, except for the program settings (then the program hangs). Everything from within Vista works, but bootup gives the error code E000101F4.

What are my options from here? I already invested quite a lot of money, for 2 programs that are supposed to be intuitive, but they apparently are not! I already sent a report to Acronis and I am eager to see what response I will get. Learning from several forums, this will be a standard answer, getting me nowhere! Take the example of the message "Please Read Before You Post" in this forum: I have tried every single line from this message, but even creating a floppy doesn't work! Guys... I am working with Vista x64, a state of the art Sata based computer and it's the year 2007! The message "Please Read Before You Post" is written for XP users with basic hard disk configurations; what about Vista, the big future? Even information about version 11 on the Acronis website is very meager! Troubleshooting is a word they never heard of on the Acronis website. Apparently nobody ever has, or had any problems with True Image Home 10 and 11. If I visit the FAQ part of the Acronis website, version 11 is not even mentioned! If you search for "troubleshoot" on the website, you will find exactly ten hits, highest version 9.1 (and not even True Image!).

Below you will find my sytem info. In the meantime I do have backups, but have no options to restore from outside Vista. For version 11 I have a hunch, where the problem might be: I think it has something to do with the Raid configuration, either Nvidia or Gigabyte (!) that causes the problem. Another problem might be the attached USB apparatus, like logitech camera, hp printers. Another issue could be the Bios, again in conjunction with the Raid configuration, please refer to my system setup below for that. I am analytic enough, but i can't figure this one out!

Setup:
    Configuration:
    Self built system: Antec Silent Case;
    Pentium Dual Core E6600;
    Motherboard: GA-N680SLI-DQ6 (rev. 1.0);
    Quad Bios, driver version (Gigabyte) F4 (latest);
    Videocard: Nvidia GeForce 8600 GT;
    Storage Controllers: Gigabyte GBB36X (drivers version: JMicron 1.17.20.3);
    Nvidia nForce Raid Controller (drivers version: 5.10.2600.931);
    Hard Drives: 4x Seagate Baracuda ST3320620AS Sata Drives,
    Each 298.09 Gb;
    Raid Setup:
    Nvidia Raid Sata 1.0 and 1.1: 2x Seagate Baracuda (striped), 596.18 Gb, healthy: (Disk 1)
    Nvidia Raid Sata 2.0 and 2.1: 2x Seagate Baracuda (striped), 596.18 Gb, healthy: (Disk 2)
    Disk 1 = 2 partitions (C: Operating System Vista x64; and E:);
    Disk 2 = 2 partitions (D: and Acronis SZ);
    External USB devices:
    HP All In One 2355p;
    Logitech QuickCamPro 4000 (driver 10.5.1.203);
    Logitech Keyboard (Logitech driver 3.30.0.0);
    Logitech MX1000 Lasermouse (Logitech driver 3.30.0.0)

My conlusion:
    * I can try and revert to version 10, create a startup CD and try to workout within a week or so to get my mouse working...; with reverting to version 10 not being able to make backups from office 2007; throwing away $40 of programming;
    * I can revert to version 10, create a startup CD, upgrade to version 11 and hope that the backup CD from version 10 works (and it doesn't, i have already read in forums, because Acronis is only downwards compatible!);
    * I can wait untill Acronis provides me (and many others!) with a solution, not a standard answer! ;
    * I can only guess, and conclude, that the error message E000101F4 is hardware related. Making an image is possible for any operating system, since iso copies are made sector by sector: why doesn't Acronis drag the hardware configuration info out of the operating system, when it creates a startup recovery sector? My Vista x64 works smoothly (strangely enough, some people say) without any hardware conflicts! Apparently Acronis True Image 11 has been released too soon, not regarding any hardware configurations that home users nowadays have. For Acronis moderators reading this message now, take this into consideration: I will not take no for an answer, and will not spend a penny more to get this program working! And don't start telling me that I am ill advised or whatever, because all the information for buying these programs, comes from your website! Yes, I am using SATA- Raid, Yes, I am using Vista x64 and I want a solution!

2. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

I don't use Vista so I can't help you specifically, but I believe that the Vista boot system can get in the way of the rescue CD - Other Vista users can verify that statement if it is true.

When you boot from the rescue CD, are you able to press the F8 button to get to the Linux coomand line? If so, here is where you could try the NOAPIC = off or NOUSBMOUSE .

If it is of any help, I install and repair systems that go into medical diagnosis institutions, and one of these uses TI8 with the F11 option installed on the PC. I've never been able to get this to work, but the rescue CD works fine.

3. Tijger4xxl

If I shove a ps/2 mouse in the computer i can get this to work fine now, but there still remains the issue of the error message that i mentioned. I am actually waiting for a response of an Acronis moderator as you have probably noticed. This program is designed for home users, although i know quite a lot of computers, since i have been working with them since msx dos from sony. Later on I have been struggling for quite some time with Windows 3.11, the most stable OS ever! I cannot accept that an intuitive backup system like Acronis, that you pay a lot of money for, does not provide you with the tools to get your recovery working in a simple fashion. They advertise with it, don't they?

Regards, Tijger

4. Tijger4xxl

I forgot something bodgy....

It is not an issue recovering Vista partitions, I know that this is possible. I have read through forums for more than 2 days.... my eyes are red, haha.... Vista's boot sector is different from XP, but after a recover the only thing you have to do once, is do a repair via the Vista startup DVD, and Vista will startup fine. All other recoveries would not need repair. If you backup the whole SATA Raid disk, including all partitions, you don't even need a repair...

Regards, Tijger

5. Tijger4xxl

Besides, the Vista issue in Acronis is not a problem: Acronis has to live up to what they promise.... thats making backups from the Vista environment: that promise they make as the attachment shows.....

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.