E000101F4 error on a optiplex 760

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by santos1204, Dec 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. santos1204

santos1204 Registered Member

Hi,

I've just purchased Snap deploy (Build3235), I've created a master image disk to capture a PC I've just built, the PC details are;

Optiplex 760
    Intel Core 2 Duo CPU E7400 2.8GHz
    1 * SATA Western Digital 160gb HD
    1 * SATA DVD RW
    (PC is AHCI Compliant)

Acronis GUI runs, allows me to decide which option, 'Acronis Standalone Utility' or 'Master Image Creator' or 'Snap Deploy Agent' - I choose 'Master Image Creator', it shows me a loading screen, offers me a network adapter search screen (which doesn't propogate) then after clicking next I'm show the error screen saying 'E000101F4:Acronis Master Image Creator has not found any hard disk drives'

Has anyone seen this before when using this flavour of the software, and any idea if theres a fix?

I've email the support address, nothing yet. At this rate I'll be cashing the software back in.

Many thanks

2. blcampbell

blcampbell Registered Member

I'm having a similar problem with Symantec Ghost. I'm looking at the iastor.inf and iaahci.inf files. When you Ghost/sysprep, you need to specify the drivers under the [SysprepMassStorage] section. With an optiplex 760... I think the culprit is the following two devices:

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_3A22&CC_0106
    PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_3A02&CC_0106

A properly installed device labels these as Intel ICH10D0/D (could be ICH10R).

So far, I switch the hard drive back to ATA in the BIOS, image the machine, install the proper driver and then switch to AHCI (again in the BIOS). For me, its literally a matter of editing my sysprep.inf properly. I'll get it eventually!

Our problem with this is that our standard image supports so stinkin many machines that the sysprep.inf can be tricky... I don't want to break other machines when I update the drivers/inf lists.

Hope this helps put you on the right path. This driver can be downloaded from Dell, but I usually get mine from Intel (I trust them over Dell.)

Ben

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello santos1204,

Thank you for using Acronis Corporate Products

If you still need a help, please send us your serial number or e-mail address under which the license is registered as a PM, we will provide you with an ISO file that should solve the issue.

Thank you.
    __

Oleg Lee

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.