E000101F4 error (not using Windows version)

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by pw455, Aug 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pw455

pw455 Registered Member

Hi,

I just purchased TI9 (build 3677) and am having problems with it detecting my drive. Note that I am not using the Windows version and do not have it installed on my system. I am booting off the CD and using it that way. Here is my configuration:

MSI P965 Neo motherboard
    E6300 Core2Duo CPU
    WD 250 Gb SATA-2 drive
    BenQ DVD-RW IDE drive
    Windows XP Pro - SP2

I have searched through these forums and see that a common fix is to install the latest drivers. How exactly would I do that if I am using the boot from CD version? Do I need a new ISO from Acronis? I saw that mentioned somewhere.

Anything else I should try?

Thanks,
    Pete

2. allusion

allusion Registered Member

I have exactly the same issue

Gigabyte GA-965P-DS4 Motherboard
    2 x 250GB Raid 0
    2GB HZ G.Skill Ram
    Intel Core 2 Duo E6600

The 965 Chipset uses the ICH8R controller, could this be the issue here?

I have not tried running off the other riad controller onboard though I might.

Regards

Peter

3. pw455

pw455 Registered Member

After searching the forums, e-mailing Acronis and trying things out, the following works for me:
    - Boot to Acronis CD
    - Hit F11 once Acronis is in the initial window that has Full, Safe and Windows options
    - Change the commands at this command window to read "quiet acpi=off noapic" and click OK
    - In the main window, click on Full Version and hopefully it will work for you.

I am having strange "hub.c: port 1 over-current change" for a few of my ports and am only able to use "Safe Version". This allows me to create images on my 2nd partition, but I don't have access to my DVD-RW unfortunately. I'm trying to work that out now with Acronis.

Good luck,
    Pete

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello pw455,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delayed response.

Please create Linux system information (sysinfo.txt) as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Please also create Acronis Report in the way described below:

- Download and run Acronis Report Utility;

- Select the "Create Bootable Floppy" option;

- Insert a blank floppy disk in the A: drive and proceed with creation of the bootable floppy;

- Boot the computer from this diskette and wait for report creation process to finish;

- Collect the report file from the floppy.

Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello allusion,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please try booting with "acpi=off noapic" parameter as pw455 mentioned. You can find the instructions on how to do it in Acronis Help Post.

If the issue persists, please create the sysinfo.txt and Acronis Report the way I have described in the post above. Please also provide us with the exact vendor and model of the RAID controller you use. Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Please also note that a possible workaround is to use bootable CD created using Acronis True Image plug-in for BartPE allowing you to boot the computer into a Windows-like environment loading the appropriate drivers for any hardware devices installed in your computer at startup.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.