e-scan antivirus support

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by bigc73542, Oct 6, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

I downloaded e-scan antivirus two nights ago. I figgured that I would try it out some time I wasn't real busy. To my supprise A very pleasant young woman from e-scan called me today. She wanted to know if the download of e-scan went allright and if I might require any assistance with set up or any problems I might have with their product. She made sure that I knew that I had full tech. support and trouble shooting with my trial of e-scan. I have no idea how good a product e-scan is because I have not had a chance to try it yet. But if this any indication of their support, It seems like it may be pretty good. This is not an endorsment of e-scan because I have not even trialed it yet but it is a personal view on their support. This the only time in my many years and thousands of downloads that I have ever been contacted after downloading a product. I just wanted to post this because it really impressed me getting this very pleasant phone call. :)

2. Madsen DK

Madsen DK Registered Member

They actually contacted you. :eek: :eek: :eek: ??
    Well, thats certainly rare. Excellent service indeed. :cool:

3. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

It was very surprising.A real live person no less :D

4. the Tester

the Tester Registered Member

I trialled a few eScan av programs and that's something that impressed me.
    MWT does have dedicated support.
    They are good via email also and they even used Yahoo Messenger for online support at the time.
    I never heard of that before!

5. solarpowered candle

solarpowered candle Registered Member

Same here actually i downloaded the trial version about 3 months ago , I live in new zealand, and I received an email from the NZ support group with contacts and welcome and also MSN instant message addy to get in touch with him at any time i may be online . Very good service

6. kloshar

kloshar Guest

Are they real person in McAfee live support chat? Becouse I saw everywhere the same answers.

7. Chuck57

Chuck57 Registered Member

I used e scan after downloading it a week or so ago. It took an hour and a half to scan slightly less than 60K files.

When it finished, I closed the program, figuring to do a weekly scan. It's disappeared. I can't find it anywhere, but every morning when I start the computer, it does a startup scan of a couple of hundred files.

I've checked every file and folder on my computer with search and manually going through them and e scan isn't there. Obviously I did something wrong someplace, but I can't figure what. I'm debating downloading it again to see if there isn't something I missed. I should think it would put an icon on my desktop or that it would at least appear in programs. An AV program that hides isn't much use to me.

8. Blackcat

Blackcat Registered Member

Hi Chuck57

Did you download the free Escan Virus Toolkit Utility?

http://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=12155

There is no install with this program, you have to unzip it every time you wish to run the program. This may explain the vanishing act.

This is a completely different program to the commercial Escan AV programs.

I also found the support of the trial version very helpful and friendly and since I have some AV licenses up for renewal soon, I will give Escan another look.

It certainly looks good value for money, particularly the Escan Virus Control edition( not the 2003 version) which is only $25 for a one-year license and $44 for 3 years use.

9. bellgamin

bellgamin Registered Member

yes BUT -- if you want the *up-to-date version* [2003] it costs $46 for 1 year, $80 for 3 years. To me that is rather expensive when compared to other AVs with equal or better test results.

Still- I do not readily ignore the positive comments of the Blackcat [one of my favorite reviewers of AVs] so PLEASE, bc: let us know what you think after giving escan a try-out. By the way [if it's not premature to ask] which of escan's several versions do you plan to try?

moo goo gai pan......wong fu bell

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.