E-mail to use with Tor

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by onlyif, Sep 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. onlyif

onlyif Registered Member

I am trying to get an e-mail account to use with Tor. Yahoo wants scripts to be disabled and that will compromise my location and anonymity. That is true for Hotmail and Fastmail too. Gmail insists on a phone to which they will send an activation link. Can anyone suggest an e-mail provider that will allow me to register using Tor? I need Tor's anonymity for whistle-blowing purposes.

2. lotuseclat79

lotuseclat79 Registered Member

Hi onlyif,

Try using the TAILS (0.7.2) Live system. TAILS stands for The Amnesia Incognito Live System. You can find the download here. Here is a link to its feature set: TAILS features.

It uses the CLAWS email client with user-friendly GnuPG support, however, the client is not an ISP service with email.

Using CLAWS within TAILS gives you the use of email with Tor. I am not sure why you want to register the use of Tor with an ISP, but, I would strongly advise against it, as when using Tor all of your outbound traffic is tunneled and not open to view from the ISP which is what you need (and want - Hint!).

The TAILS design document is here.

-- Tom

3. hugsy

hugsy Registered Member

Try GMX.com

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.