E-MAIL Notifications Acronis TI10.4942

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Steve1209, Mar 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Steve1209

Steve1209 Registered Member

Hi,

I have two questions, my Acronis TI10.4942 had E-Mail notifications working just fine with my COMCAST E-Mail, using SMTP.COMCAST.NET & port 25, then for some reason Comcast blocked port 25 & said I needed to use port 587 with authorization.

So my questions follow:
    1. I set up E-Mail notifications in Acronis with SMTP.COMCAST.NET & port 587, then I added Username & password & when I send a test E-MAIL it works but when Acronis ends, I do NOT receive an E-Mail, does anyone know why?

2. The other option is to have windows messenger installed & that should work, I downloaded Windows Messenger 5.1 from Microsoft this evening, but it doesn't seem to work or more importantly I don't know how to configure it from the Acronis TI to give notifications, does anyone have better instuctions on how to make it give me a notification with ATI10? (in case I can't get E-Mail to work anymore)?, I clcik on browse to find a user, that doesn't work?

Thanks for any support,
    Steve

Last edited: Mar 3, 2009
  2. vega

vega Registered Member

got to administrative tools / services from the control panel, and change Messenger to automatic, start the service and test the popup message. It should work.

I find email and popup messages work only if TI is running in TI 2009. If you run HomeService, they do not work. I have posted here about this and received no replies.

3. Steve1209

Hi vega,

Ok, I got messenger service started and set to automatic with your help, I was able to send a test (just like I'm able to send a test with my e-mail configuration) notification OK. I back-up my system overnight (3AM) so I'll report back tomorrow if I'm able to receive the messenger service notification.

Thanks much for your reply and help really appreciate it!!,
    Steve

4. Steve1209

Oh well Windows messenger notification fails as well. It's weird the test for email & messenger notification both work fine but when ATI runs my nightly backup neither notification works..

Anyone have any other ideas?

Thanks,
    Steve

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Steve,

Thank you for using Acronis True Image

There are several threads about this issue on this forum. You can overview this thread

Thank you.

--
    Oleg Lee

6. vega

vega Registered Member

I'm in the same boat, the popup and email work perfectly if TI is running. Use the scheduler and it does not work. I've hunted through this forum, and have found reference to it, but no solution.

7. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello vega,

Thank you for your interesting in Acronis True Image

If none of the suggestions from thread provided by Oleg worked then try to download free trial version of Acronis True Image Home 2009 and test it for 15 days. Acronis True Image Home 2009 trial version has the following limitations:

- Windows: all functions available; 15-days trial period;
    - Bootable media: Recovery feature available only

Best regards,
    --
    Dmitry Nikolaev

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.