E Mail Notification problems

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by guy_k, Dec 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. guy_k

guy_k Registered Member

Hi,

I downloaded the true image 2009 (trial version) & try to configure e mail notifications, but I keep getting the error message,

I put my e mail address in <>, added the program to windows firewall, made sure that all of my definitions are correct, & no e mail. :(

please advise,

Guy

2. PBlais

PBlais Registered Member

The user interface is a bit of a disaster as far as remembering settings and resetting entries as you try to edit them. The new update just release sort if fixes some of that but not all of it. It may help to delete all your scheduled tasks and then add the data for email as a default option if you intend to use the feature to email results. I had problems with it until I set it as a global option and then it would work. I can attest that you can enter the data correctly and it won't work. It's the user interface that somehow can't save the settings properly.

Along the same lines if you edit a scheduled task it resets the start time to noon even if you never touched the option. Selecting archive names is also pretty unstable as well. This instability in the task editor is painfully slow and tedious. It helps if you you know exactly what you want and can enter the data exactly correct. Backing up and making changes to tasks tends to trash the task until you can save it and get it to actually run properly.

If a task set of options appear to be properly set and the task won't run I would delete the task and reenter it. After messing around with it I now have a set of tasks that actually work as expected.

3. guy_k

guy_k Registered Member

Tried everything but still no e mail notification,

good thing that I didn't buy the software yet, I'll wait till the end of my trial version to see what to do...

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello guy_k,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for delayed response.

Please send us a Private message with description of how the options are set at the Tools -> Options -> Notifications -> E-mail screen and Additional E-mail settings screen. Please also clarify the exact text of error message. Alternatively, submit a request for technical support or use our Live Chat service. Attach all information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will do our best to investigate the problem and provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.