E-mail notification problems

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by mnemo, Jun 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mnemo

mnemo Registered Member

We have a problem using e-mail notification with True Image Enterprise Server 9.1 (Build 3567).

There are options to configure an e-mail address, the SMTP server, port, username and password.

There is NO option to set the "From" e-mail address, which is why our internal SMTP server that is acting as a gateway to the Lotus Domino system will not accept the e-mail from the server on which True Image 9 is running. Authentication here is done by the host IP address and the "From" address, a username/password is not necessary.

Will this configuration option be added soon? Checking 20+ servers to see if all backups are running correctly is not feasible.

Can there only be ONE e-mail address the mails are sent to? Or is it possible to enter several addresses (separated by comma, for example)?

Also, the "Send Test E-Mail" button in the configuration dialog is not visible in the dialog unless the user resizes the configuration dialog window to make it larger. A scrollbar on the right-hand side of the dialog should be added to show that there are more options than can be seen.

Regards,
    Thomas

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Thomas,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Remote Server Backup Software.

Please download and install the latest build (3633) of Acronis True Image 9.1 Enterprise Server which is available in the Product Updates section of our web-site.

I'm afraid that such option is not available at Acronis True Image 9.1 Enterprise Server. I have forwarded your request to our Development Team and such option will be probably implemented in future.

I'm afraid that you can use only one e-mail address in E-mail Notification option. However, the possibility to enter several addresses has been already requested and it will be probably added in the future builds/versions of the software.

Please note that this issue is already known and our Development Team will fix it as soon as possible.

If you want us to change the behaviour of Acronis True Image in any way or add some new features to this product, please feel free to post any of your suggestions in Acronis True Image WISH-LIST thread.

Thank you.
    --
    Tatyana Tsyngaeva

3. mnemo

mnemo Registered Member

Thank you for your answer, I will be looking forward to future versions of True Image and also ask other personnel if they encountered problems or have wishes.

Regards,
    Thomas

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.