Dynamic Security Agent anamolies?

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Drew99GT, Aug 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Drew99GT

Drew99GT Registered Member

I'm using DSA again, and it's doing the things it did that prompted me to get rid of it. Occasionally, when I allow processes (and click remember so it's permanent), they disappear out of the process list. Also, it's prompting me for things already in the safe process list and creating multiple entries. Anyone know what up wit thato_O

Also, what happens when the training period is over? I say that because even during training, it's prompting me for things. I thought it would just build a list of every process it sees during training and consider them safe, and not prompt you during training?

2. bellgamin

bellgamin Registered Member

DSA has 4 check boxes titled "Require user approval for each alert." Uncheck them & alerts will cease.

3. Drew99GT

That does nothing. This thing is a useless piece of crap! After the training period, it's not prompting me for a few new applications I open, they just go right on through. And it's not remembering approvals; heck, for one application, there is 3 of the same thing in the process list!

Last edited: Aug 22, 2007
  4. Arup

Arup Guest

When I first tried DSA on 2K, it hosed my system just as CH did, two apps I stay far away from, PS works good for me.

5. Perman

Perman Registered Member

Hi, folks: Is DSA a component of their firewall? I just wonder how reliable is that fw ? DSA needs an urgent up-keep, IMO. My experiences are not much different from Drew99GT's.

6. Drew99GT

So you had the same issues Perman?

Based on the experience I've had, I don't trust it or private firewall at all! Granted, DSA is easy to use, but it's obviously not working properly on my machine.

7. Perman

Perman Registered Member

Hi, folks: Yap. I had two of your problems; not remembering approvals and multiple listing of same process. DSA has not been looked after or maintained for a good some time (over one year?), anything more than 6 months sitting idle in this competitive sector is a killer, a no-no.

8. Meriadoc

Meriadoc Registered Member

Same here when I looked at it, DSA had problems remembering and items not going into the list.

9. Franklin

Franklin Registered Member

DSA worked fine in a VM here so decided to try it on the real system.

None of my virtual machines could connect to the net with DSA active on the real system with no pop ups or warnings.

Disabled DSA and the vm's could connect.

I emailed the developers about this.

They replied they were aware of the prob and were working on it.

This was a couple of months ago.

10. glentrino2duo

glentrino2duo Registered Member

..and uninstalling DSA is not a smooth task in my case...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.