dynamic disk?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by dcrossman, Jan 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dcrossman

dcrossman Registered Member

I just purchased TI 8 (791) last night. While it's not a serious issue as yet, I'm wondering if support fopr dynamic disks will be forthcoming?

My controller is an Intel 82801EB Ultra ATA Storage Controller, with one non-RAID 200GB WD SATA drive.

Thanks,
    Don

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Last edited: Apr 2, 2005
  3. aplys

aplys Guest

Dear Acronis,
    I cannot believe that Acronis fails to mention one small little detail on the box like oh something simple like maybe under the system requirements section of the box. It might read, At this time, Acronis V's 7,8, blah blah do not support Dynamic Disk Partioning in WIndows XP, W2K etc.. Anyhow, not paying $700 for server version when ghost works fine and Acronis is playing a little on the slippery side as far as I am concerned. I'm in software and one thing we know is that word travels fast in both directions.

Good Luck Acronis and I'll await my update email until I can actually try out my big purchase of $50..

Aplys17
    Ghost of Christmas Past

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

5. sf-earl

sf-earl Guest

Having tried it, I understand that TI 8 cannot create an image of a dynamic drive. Does this also apply to cloning a dynamic drive ?

6. TheQuest

TheQuest Registered Member

Hi, sf-earl

Yes, dynamic disk are not support by Ti8.

But you can Convert a Dynamic Disk to a Basic Disk :- #9

Take Care,
    TheQuest :cool:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.