Dynamic disk to basic

Discussion in 'Acronis Disk Director Suite' started by MrDerrick, May 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MrDerrick

MrDerrick Registered Member

I have a problem with my XP OS.
    I booted my system, opened my computer and find that one of my drives is missing. Going into Disk Management I see that the drive is offline status. I right click and try to reactivate it but get this error.
    INTERNAL ERROR: The disk group contains no valid configuration copies (C100000B6)

It is a single drive and is a simple partition, not RAIDed.

I've read here that you can successfully convert a dynamic disk to basic without losing data.
    Source: https://www.wilderssecurity.com/archive/index.php/t-110511.html

Is this method confirmed?
    Cause when I right click to convert to basic partition there is a warning saying data will be lost.

I really need the data on the drive and can't afford to lose it.

Thanks

2. tombuur

tombuur Registered Member

I tried the the described method and it worked for me. In XP convert to basic disk, leave it there. Reboot and use DD10 to revive it.

Unfortunately I only converted one of my two dynamic disks, because I needed one for Acronis image (it will not use dynamic disk). Thinking dynamic sounded as something extra strong, I left the other one as dynamic. Now having upgraded to Vista I find that dynamic disks don't work in the Vista home versions. So right now I am reestablishing XP with Acronis True Image to convert the next disk too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.