Dynamic Disk still unsupported ?!

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by jhn, Oct 3, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jhn

jhn Guest

Hi all,

tested TI 8.0 a few weeks ago und realised, that my dynamic system disk configuration is not supported. Then version 8 came and this release should support dynamic disks -- but obviously it doesn't, too ("disk contains an unsupported structure). So, what are the differences then? Got neither RAID, nor SCSI disks; still stupud plain hard drives ... :-(

Any hintd 'bout that, aby information (Acronis ?!) ??

Regards,
    -jochen.

2. krobohm

krobohm Guest

I get same message when trying to hookup with second drive on my machine, only I'm running TI 7.0, and NTFS. Please let me know if you get a resolution to your problem, it may fix mine as well !

Kurt

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello jhn,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis True Image (http://www.acronis.com/products/trueimage/).

We regret to inform you that the current version of Acronis True Image doesn't support Windows dynamic disks. However, Acronis True Image Server does support it and we will include support for dynamic disks into Acronis True Image in the future.

Thank you.

--
    Best regards,
    Andrew Berezovsky

4. Acronis Support

Hello krobohm,

If your problem isn't concerned with Windows dynamic disks please contact support@acronis.com with the details of your problem.

Thank you.

--
    Best regards,
    Andrew Berezovsky

5. snick

snick Registered Member

I get the same error - unsupported structure on a dynamic disk (containing a software raid-5 partition).

I use True Image Server 8.0 build 774.

Please help me ASAP, am trying to clone this disk.

Best Regards,
    Ido Samuelson (snick@012.net.il)

6. rnd

rnd Registered Member

Hi Andrew,

I am using TI Server 7.0 (build 595) and it will not allow cloning of a dynamic disk. The error is "The hard disk with the unsupported structure cannot be selected as a source disk for cloning". I find it very frustrating that a product we purchased to do a specific job will not do that job. I found a workaround which is to create an image of the drive and then restore the image to a new drive but I could have done that with V2i Protector which we already owned and doesn't clone dynamic drives (the reason for buying TI Server 7.0 in the first place). Will Acronis refund my money?

7. Acronis Support

8. EEL

EEL Guest

To Andrew Berezovsky

Do you have any idea when the "future version" will be released? Our problem is now, not in the future!!!

I also have Ver 8, and no mention of the fact that is does not support Dynamic disks appears on the web site. All the ad says is that "supports Windows 2000" (dynamic volumes are an integral part of Windows 2000).

Please advise

(my email addres is "rietkuil@isat.co.za" )

Kind regards
    Ronnie Hayes (South Africa)

9. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Ronnie

It's not a good idea to post your email address in an open forum. Not unless you enjoy being "spammed" to death that is!!

Hopefully one of our Moderators will edit it out.

Regards

10. Acronis Support

Hello EEL,

We are really sorry for the inconviniences.

We cannot tell the exact date of the new version release because it strongly depends on our Development Team.
    As for the dynamic disks problem please refer to the following page of our site http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/trueimage/comparison.html with the comparison of different versions of Acronis True Image. There is a string concerned to the support of dynamic disks.
    If you have any problems with dynamic disks using Acronis True Image Server please send the description of the problem to support@acronis.com.

Thank you.

--
    Ilya Toytman

11. brainstormer

brainstormer Registered Member

I am confused.

I have 4 partitions on my hard drive. I have acronis true image 8 and xp pro. Your error message says that your product does not support dynamic drives. Does this mean that I cannot use your product, or that I have to create the partitions in a different manner.

Warmly

Rick

12. TheQuest

TheQuest Registered Member

Hi, brainstormer

Welcome to Wilders and Acronis Forums.

You can use Ti, but you will have to first convert the Dynamic Disk to a Basic Disk, please read this post:- #9

Take Care,
    TheQuest :cool:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.