Dxsetu.exe

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by lummy, Nov 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lummy

lummy Registered Member

Dxsetu.exe

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Little help please

I also have the dxsetu.exe trojan/virus that is doing the rounds. I have read the other threads relating and have tried the various methods to remove, but I keep getting it back.

I can't find the c:\windows\dxsetu.exe or the other files that relate to this problem. I believe I got the trojan from Football Manager 2005 no cd crack.exe I got an immediate message from norton internet security saying ope6.exe was a security risk, so I bloked the access. I found the files and deleted them, and since then I've had this dxsetu.exe problem.

Another strange thing is that when I try to do a search with windows explorer I keep getting a blank dialog box come up, I have to hit ok and then nothing happens (as far as searching). Hence the reason I can't trake down the various files I need to find and delete.

Also getting a load of $$$$$$.bat files all over the place that start and stop various services.

Mod Note ~Removed Hijackthis log. Please see my reply below - snap~

Thanks in advance :)

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 11, 2004
  2. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Hi Lummy, welcome to Wilders, Hijack This logs are no longer reviewed at Wilders.

Can you please follow the steps found here: https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=50662

This should get your system clean.

Let us know how you go...

Cheers :D

PS. I can't see anything major in your HJT Log.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2004
  3. snapdragin

snapdragin Registered Member

Hi lummy, and welcome to Wilders.

I am afraid we no longer allow the posting of unsolicited HijackThis logs as per our Posting Policy stated in this Announcement. However, you will find a link in the Announcement Post to several other sites that still do provide HijackThis log analysis service.

Whichever site you decide to go to, please be sure and follow their posting policy before you post your hijackthis log.

Regards,

snap

4. lummy

lummy Registered Member

Ok apologies for not reading the rules first, have posted to castlecops.com

Thanks

5. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

I think the issue you are having is more Trojan/virus related than Browser Hijack, thus if you follow the link to General Cleaning I think you should be able to have your system back to normal pretty quickly...

Hope this helps...

Cheers :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.