dwwin.exe

Discussion in 'ProcessGuard' started by Mercurybird, May 18, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mercurybird

Mercurybird Registered Member

On system startup this morning on my Windows XP system, this file tried to access and gain WRITE, TERMINATE, SET INFO, SUSPEND access on Process Guard's executable. It tried to gain these rights three times before it quit. Process Guard stopped it all three times.

I've got all the protections enabled and it's locked. It was well worth the coinage eh? ;)

dwwin.exe is some how associated with Dr. Watson, and to some extent tied to a Logitech hardware item and Gravis Game Pad. I don't use either of those. I'm sure it's nothing... but it sure reminds me quickly of why I got this and Worm Guard when I went to DSL.

Heads up everybody! It's an anomaly... :)

2. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Hi Mercurybird,

I also have this Dr Watson file V10.0.4024.0. XP pro SP1
    It was probably trying to report an "event" if your error reporting is switched on and is normally quite harmless.
    You can check that the file *:\windows\system32\dwwin.exe is legitimate by right clicking on it and selecting properties.

I usually ignore the occaisional red lines in the log and only worry about them if they are persistant :)

Pilli

3. Mercurybird

Mercurybird Registered Member

Well thanks! That's reassuring to a new PG user. Boldly going where lots of other people have gone before... :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.