DWG printing client

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by VIPER99, Sep 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VIPER99

VIPER99 Registered Member

Hey everyone,

I'm not sure if anyone here has any engineering background but anyways.....

I am looking for a program that is capable of printing Autocad 2007 DWG files. The program does not need to be able to display the files only print them. I would also like the program to be able to print several DWF files in succession instead of opening one then printing it, then opening another, and so on.

I would prefer a free program but if I have to, I'm willing to fork over some cash for it.

Ive spent the last two days looking for viable programs to use with no real success.

I did run into Amethysis which I was using before but the version I have only supports up to 2004 CAD drawings. The new program looks alright but it has gone from being just a printing program to also viewing the file which causes some issues.

I have also looked at TrueView which is the free viewer for AutoCAD but as far as I can tell the program only lets you print a file at a time which can be a real pain in the butt if you have to print 50 DWG files at once.

Any help/information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advanced,
    VIPER99

2. Tommy

Tommy Registered Member

3. VIPER99

Hey Tommy,

thanks for the quick response.
    I have been looking at Trueview and it seems like an all right application. My only concern is that I can't tell if it has a batch printing option to allow me to print multiple DWG files at once.

4. Tommy

Tommy Registered Member

Sorry can't tell you, isn't it Freeware or at least Shareware to try?

5. VIPER99

Ya its freeware to use.
    I currently have it downloaded on my system and trying it out.
    So far I havent found a way to batch print multiple dwg files, and I havent found anything online yet that says I can or cant do it. I keep running into items that "suggest" that it is possible but then it doesn't say how.
    :p
    Note to self I really really really hate AutoCAD and all their products.

6. Tommy

Tommy Registered Member

I think you will not come arround to buy an aplication for batch printing, like Autodesk Design Review.

P.S. Just spoke to a friend of mine who is an engenier working in this field. He says he does not know any freeware solution, but anyway you have to do this out of the layout.

7. VIPER99

Thanks again for the input Tommy.

Im going to keep looking for a bit more on this but as I said worst comes to worst I will see about purchasing Amethysis which acts as a viewer and does a half arsed job at batch printing multiple DWG's.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.