DVD writing problem

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Decapad, Jan 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Decapad

Decapad Registered Member

o_O Hi - I posted earlier because my Nero 7 program stopped writing to DVD & I asked for some other alternative writing programs. I was suggested 2 others & they don't work either - same exact problem as with the Nero. The file I want to burn fills the cache, starts the buffer process - but within 15 seconds of the actual burning - I always get a "burn failed" message & the DVD ejects. I'm a little new to this DVD writing thing & boy am I off to a bumpy start!!! Please let me know what I should try, huge thanks! Deca

2. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hello Deca,

Need some more details I'm afraid. Which Nero function are you attempting to use (e.g. DVD Copy, DVD-ROM (ISO) compilation, DVD-ROM (UDF) compilation, DVD Video compilation, etc.) or are you trying to drag-and drop files onto DVD? Also what type of DVD media are you using - DVD+/-RW, DVD+/-R (single or dual layer), or DVD-RAM?

Regards

3. Decapad

Hi Menorcaman - how you doin'? It was working OK for a few weeks using Nero 7 Express, by dragging & dropping the decrypted file from either DVD Fab or IMGBurn on DVD-R single layer media. That's the only thing I need to use. So i thought just the Nero went bad - but I tried HT Fireman & CD Burner XP - and the same thing was going on as with the Nero. Thanks soo much! Deca :thumb:

4. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Not sure whether you are aware but Nero, by itself, doesn't support drag-and-drop file copying. You need to have Nero's InCD (or similar UDF packet writing software) installed and running in the background. In addition, the DVD media needs to be InCD (or similar) formatted before it can be used for drag-and-drop file copying. I'm not familiar with DVD Fab or IMGBurn so appologies if you already know all this :p.

Regards

5. Woody777

Woody777 Registered Member

DVD Fab is a "Ripper" for commercial DVDs. Img burn is a image burner. The DVD fromat is a lot different than the burning udf files. Nero will burn this type of file but I never had much luck with it. Img burn or Alcohol 120 pct Do the best job. I really don't know all that much about burning DVD's but did you try sending a request for help to the developer of each of these programs Lightning Uk. The problem might not be the software itself perhaps it could be the burner?

6. Decapad

OK - the problem was this - a bad batch of Memorex blank DVD's. Once I went out and bought 2 different brands it's back to normal - what a pain! But I'm happy that's all it was! Thanks for all of your help! Deca

7. Hyperion

Hyperion Registered Member

Ah,i was about to say that,sorry i didn't see it before.Also it might not be a bad batch of Memorex (although it's not uncommon).It could be that your burner needs firmware update to recognize these Memorex media.Another thing is you could try to burn them at lower speed.But i 'd try the firmware first.Anyway,happened to me too once.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.