DVD-RW ?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Decapad, Oct 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Decapad

Decapad Registered Member

Good day. I have a question re: rewritable dvd's - specifically dvd-rw for burning movies. 6-7 years ago I tried these things only to get extremely poor results. Loads of playback & burning problems that I never experienced using straight dvd-r. It seemed the problem only got worse the more times it was rewritten to boot. Since it's been a few years - I am wondering if dvd-rw is still the same crud or has it improved? If so - what brands did you have good results with? Thanks so much, D:)

2. CatFan432

CatFan432 Registered Member

I've had good results with Verbatim DVD-RW, poor results with others I've tried, including Memorex, Maxell, and TDK. I haven't bought any in at least a year, so can't speak to current quality and availability.

3. HAN

HAN Registered Member

IMO, as a class, rewriteable disks stink. I no longer buy or recommend them for anything.

4. DVD+R

DVD+R Registered Member

:D Only need to check the user name to see which is best :p

but back in the 80's when people were kinda normal :cautious: Memorex had a TV Advertisement which asked "Is it live, or is it Memorex" which implied the difference between a live performance and a Memorex recording was indistinguishable :shifty: and I used Memorex to record some of my Music at that time, and it was quite excellent quality, albeit back then it was Cassette tapes and not CD's or DVD's. I dont know if their digital media is as excellent, but I cant think why it wouldnt be, so they are worth a try :cool:

Last edited: Oct 3, 2009
  5. jonyjoe81

jonyjoe81 Registered Member

for burning movies you need to use the writeonce dvd media. And you need to use the high rated media (sony,verbatim) . I strictly use the sony 16x + . Those will play perfectly on every tabletop dvd player I have used.
    Using lesser quality media will give a movie that will skip or hang during playback.
    Memorex isn't consider a good dvd media, it is manufactured by cmg and people refer to them as cromags.
    Refer to this link for more information on blank dvd media. Choosing the right media is very important.
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/forum_view.cfm/47

6. prius04

prius04 Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.