DVD-RW`s not working for backup

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Mattrixx, Feb 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mattrixx

Mattrixx Registered Member

I`m trying to create a HDD backup image to FujiFilm 4.7GB DVD-RW media, using Acronis True Image 8.0.

I have preformatted (three new) DVD-RW`s using Roxio`s DirectCD v.5.3.5.10. This takes approx 30 min. each by the way.

Everything is setup properly and i get to the burning part, but when asked to insert the disc, Acronis ejects it and tells me "the disc is full"!!

I try again with a different disc and same story. I even *re*format each DVD-RW yet again with DirectCD and same "disc is full" error message

What is going on here? Anyone here have any suggestions or insight into this matter? Is this the brand of media, brand of DVD Drive?

Thanks, Matt

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Matt,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please create a step-by-step screen shots of your actions during the image creation. Please also create a screen shot of the error message.

Please submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files to your request along with the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Kirill Omelchenko

3. Mattrixx

Mattrixx Registered Member

Thank`s for your reply to my inquiry.

I have resolved my problem of creating a backup image using DVD-RW media since my post to this forum.

I have successfully created and "checked" my two DVD-RW discs, and am satisfied now that I know how to repeat this process.

As a longtime user of Norton Ghost, I had confused that program`s process of creating restore disc`s with Acronis True Image`s entirely different method.

I was trying to create the image *after* starting the computer with my boot disc and NOT while under Windows!

After reading some of the posts on the forum and (re)reading (RTFM) the PDF manual... it finally clicked!!

I think the process where you not only have to pre-format the DVD-RW discs, but *ALSO* have a 3rd. party UDF program running "in the background" while creating the image(s) initially confused me.

Thanks again for your reply

Matt

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.