dvd region change reached limit

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by zx81, Mar 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zx81

zx81 Registered Member

Is there any registry trick to rest the dvd region change limit in windows 7 ultimate, 32bit?

We have a load of kids movies in US and UK and switching between them, now its locked in uk region. I can use VLC media player which doesnt have a region check, but would like to use win7 media player, as we prefer it.

(I was suprised that media player classic from the klite code pack also stopped working)

I dont want to restore an old image each time, is there an easy trick to reset it?

I spent a lot of time on google and could only find alternative players. I even tried flashing the dvd firmware. Any help appreciated.

2. stackz

stackz Registered Member

The only way to achieve this is to find a third party hack that modifies the firmware for your make/model of DVD. Obviously doing this comes with a risk factor of either turning your DVD to toast or an infection masquerading as a hack. All I can suggest is google and wish you luck.

3. lordpake

lordpake Registered Member

Might I suggest a commercial software as alternative?

AnyDVD from SlySoft should be able to remove the region coding on the fly so you can watch movies from different regions w/o constantly changing region codes in your drive.

Just a tip from consumer who doesn't approve of the industry attempts to dictate what I can view and with which device I can view it with :)

4. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

what kind of drive is it? you can check out liggy and dee site and for many others you can use a program to edit the firmware yourself depending on the make of the drive. make and model specifically then i may be able to help further

5. zx81

zx81 Registered Member

hi, thanks for the help. I have the NEC 6750A

http://liggydee.cdfreaks.com/page/en/NEC-ND-6750A/

I flashed the RPC1 2.61 version but I still get the error in media player, which asks me to reinstall the video drivers. Followed through with that but same result. Tried uninstalling codecs and resinstalling klite and shark007 codec packs, same result.

From reading around I thought the RPC1 firmware version should remove the block? Interestingly enough not all of the firmwares which should flash into my DVD are allowed to by the flash program.

Any help appreciated, I like media player and media player classic

6. andyman35

andyman35 Registered Member

A slightly unrelated point,but running both Klite and shark007 codec packs together is not a good idea.

7. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

you may need to reset the drm rights. also to flash some firmware you may need to edit them or edit how the tool runs..agreed you should NOT have 2 codec packs, just use klite or ccc imo

8. zx81

zx81 Registered Member

thanks for the replies, sorry wasnt clear earlier, i normally use Klite, but then tried shark (after uninstalling), now on CCC after DRM reset

I went through the reset DRM process, and managed that okay, but the end result is the same.

I have a lot of store bought disks from north america as I used to live there. Currently I cant find any method / hack to remove the region security with the original disk in the drive, for media player / media player classic (which we all prefer / are more used to)

Looks like we'll be using VLC from now on as its not practical to rip all my original DVDs - I have and like DVD fab6 for copying.

anyway, thanks for the input

9. vijayind

vijayind Registered Member

10. zx81

zx81 Registered Member

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

WOW, works great! Big thanks Vijayind for this neat free software, it sits in the system tray and detects when a DVD is inserted and masks the region.

Now back to using media player or MPC

Fantastic! Try telling a 5 year old she has to use one thing for one DVD and another program for a different one ;) now its all automatic and simple.
    (I like MPC for some things but this old laptop is kids and wife mostly)

11. vijayind

vijayind Registered Member

Glad I could be of use.
    You may also want to check out Slysoft. Although not free they have products that can decrypt on the fly Blu-Ray & HD-DVD too ( if you ever need them ).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.