DVD problems

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by archangel52, Nov 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. archangel52

archangel52 Registered Member

I just purchased Aronis 9 home. After I installed it on my laptop it does not see my DVD drive. I can't find an area to define the drive as a DVD drive. Yeah, the correct media was in the drive and Windows explorer sees the drive just fine. How do I get this software to see my drive?
    Thanks for your ideas!

2. Unit01

Unit01 Registered Member

Firstly, make sure you're on the most recent build of the software.

Open it up and select help -> about. If your on any thing lower then 3677, you need to update it at Here

Does Acronis see the drive at all? In some cases I've seen it detect it correctly as a DVD drive, however its only labeled it as a CD drive.

See how you go.

3. archangel52

archangel52 Registered Member

Yes, I've installed the latest build. I failed to mention that it sees a drive as a CD drive with a different drive letter designation. ie The DVD drive is E: but it sees a CD drive as D:
    Any ideas?
    Thanks!

4. lucky76

lucky76 Former Poster

Sounds like you got ripped off like I did. I just purchased true image 9.0 two days ago and when I tried to use it today I get corrupted images and my DVD won't work at all. After registering and downloading an upgrade that says "TRUE IMAGE HOME" now my DVD is seen. I'm still having failures creating disk images that are good but say "corrupted" when I try to restore them. I'm not impressed with this product. I don't like purchasing a product that doesn't work as advertised and is constantly being upgraded to a new version number with an upgrade charge. I'm afraid to use a backup product that fails half of the time. :thumbd: :thumbd: :thumbd:

5. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

Calling the DVD drive a CD drive is not a new problem and in the past it was a misnomer that caused no real problem in operation. Have you tried to use it as a DVD regardless of what it and the drive letter are called ?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.