DVD problems

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Azdon, Jun 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Azdon

Azdon Registered Member

Does anyone know if the DVD spanning, etc problems seen with v 3633 were addressed in v 3666?

2. Christopher_NC

Christopher_NC Registered Member

From what I've read today, there are still DVD problems in v 3666. Perhaps new ones. From this post, DVD images written with build 3666 are corrupting:

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=136559

It seems, from what I've read, that using the 2 step process is still more reliable, if tedious. Creating disk images on your hard drive, with limited file size (1492 MB allows 3 per DVD), then burning those to DVD using your burning software, is more reliable than burning directly to DVD from TI. Some suggest it may be related to the lack of speed controls in TI - no way to specify 4x 8x, etc.

I had problems sending images to a USB II external drive -- and file size seemed to be an issue here, too. Worked under TI BOOT Mode, but the image took much longer to create than under Windows XP, so, perhaps, the Linux Boot mode of TI recognizes that speed is an issue, and has better error correction.

I've installed build 3666, today, in hopes of resolving a SATA hard drive issue, but it hasn't helped. There may also be a conflict using scheduled tasks under 3666...other posts address this.

Good luck.

3. thomasjk

thomasjk Registered Member

The slow speed using the Linux environment is more than likely caused by the drivers being used for you USB hard drive. They are probably not optimized for USB II. BartPE combined with the Acronis BartPe plugin quite frankly is the best of both worlds. You actually operate in a windows environment using the windows drivers for your external drive. BartPe is available here: http://www.nu2.nu/pebuilder/. I personally prefer this method.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.