DVD burning software

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security v3 Beta Forum' started by psychokilla, Apr 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. psychokilla

psychokilla Registered Member

Would it be possible to add a function in the antivirus to bypass scanning any files used by burning software, in the past I have forgotten to disable scanning which caused some burns to fail. Also there could be problems prevented if, for example, someone disabled scanning to burn a DVD and then forgot to turn it back on again and then was hit by a virus.

Building some kind of protection into the suite would save me, and a lot of others I would guess, a lot of hassle.

So you could, for example, include a browser which would allow us to include the full address(es) of any CD/DVD burning software which would then be ignored in any scanning as would any files which were called by these programs.

2. IcePanther

IcePanther Registered Member

Hi,

I can only suggest, but I think this may be related to another piece of software than your AV scanner. I myself tested on a rather old machine , both NOD and KAV (4.5, 5.0, 6.0) and never had any problems burning anything. The only thing that caused burning to fail (by buffer underrun) was when XP's screensaver powered itself on, so I promptly deactivated it.

You can theroretically add the folders into the exclusion list of your AV, I think you're talking about that feature, and suggest, since it seems not to be implemented yet in this beta, that you put it into the feature request thread to keep things clean.
    An exclusion list indeed can be useful.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.