Duplicate email in thunderbird w/ IMAP account

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by epeisach, Jun 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. epeisach

epeisach Registered Member

I am evaluating ESET and downloaded the security sweet on friday (version 4.0.437). I am using thunderbird configured w/ three IMAP accounts.

Two of the accounts are using SSL, the last is not using a secure connection. On this last account, when I receive a message, sometimes when I view the message a new one appears which is a duplicate - with the addition of some extra header lines referencing ESET... This is annoying... The server is running cmu-sieve.

I have enabled the offline cache as recommended somewhere...

Now this does not happen w/ every message... So far - mainly text ones...

Any suggestions? I would not like to have to disable email support...

2. epeisach

Okay - all three are now using IMAP/ssl - so should be consistent...

I do not have any idea what could be happening here - and with only one mail account...

3. estbird

estbird Eset Staff

Does your server support UIDPlus Extension (http://tools.ietf.org/rfc/rfc4315.txt)?
    I haven't tried cmu-sieve server yet.

This can happened when Thunderbird don't get notification that message was uploaded and therefore message isn't deleted. I encountered with this problem with other servers and my general result is that it can happend on those servers didn't supported UIDPlus extension.
    I reported it. Hopefully ESET will fix it in some next build.

4. epeisach

I decided to move my thunderbird configuration out of way and started up thunderbird - to create a new profile... Now everything works properly. I will start to load up the addons to see what happens... Maybe there is a conflict..

With regards to CMU-sieve - that is being used for spam filtering - I do not know what server the site is using...

Ezra

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.