duplicate appended messages from EAV v3

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by xwray, Feb 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xwray

xwray Registered Member

Recently I have noticed that there are two messages attached to my email indicating that the mail has been scanned and found to be OK. I used to only see one such message and I don't know if I changed something or if an update added this feature. here are the messages:

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 2862 (20080210) __________

The message was checked by ESET NOD32 Antivirus.

http://www.eset.com

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 2862 (20080210) __________

The message was checked by ESET NOD32 Antivirus.

Email message - is OK
    blank.gif - is OK

http://www.eset.com

The one that seems to be new is the last one...I never saw the breakout that the message is ok and then each attachement is also OK until now. I recently received an email with 7 attachments and all seven were individually listed as OK.

This doesn't really bother me but I'd like to understand why I'm now getting both messages...anyone know?

thanks for any feedback.

2. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Since the double tagging was addressed in build .621, I'll ask which build of version 3.0 are you using :doubt:

3. xwray

xwray Registered Member

Thanks for the reply...looks like I'm using 563

4. xwray

xwray Registered Member

I might have to correct that. After checking I see that I downloaded the 621 version on 1/12 and that's what I used to upgrade from v2.7 to version v3 yet the HELP/ABOUT page indicates I am running v3.0.563.0. So, what am I running - 563 or 621?

5. xwray

xwray Registered Member

Anyone...or is the question too dumb to bother with.

Can someone at least tell me how to get a build 621 that is build 621. If I downloaded the software that was identified as build 621 and that turned out to be build 563 as indicated in the previous post, was that just a web typo error. I just now downloaded the software again and it is the exact same size file that I have already installed so I find it hard to believe that it isn't the same; ie, build 563?

6. De Hollander

De Hollander Registered Member

Have you tried exporting your settings, uninstalling NOD, and removing any leftover Eset folder from your HD.

7. xwray

xwray Registered Member

Yes...I did that when I upgraded from 2.7 to 3.0. I uninstalled 2.7 and then went through the registry removing any leftovers that I found. Then I installed the v3 build 621 that I had previously downloaded so it was installed on a "clean" system. The verson 3 I have now is the only version 3 that I have ever installed. The only problem is that it was supposed to be build 621 but says it is build 563.

thanks

8. De Hollander

De Hollander Registered Member

- Deed you download it from eset.com or one of the partners.
    - English version or a localize version.

9. xwray

xwray Registered Member

downloaded from eset.com - english version

thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.