Dumbest Laws

Discussion in 'ten-forward' started by Rita, Aug 19, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 2dazed

2dazed Registered Member

MikeBCda
    Exactly! :D

2. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

here it is, it is a hoax

Wife beating has never been legal in the U.S. The Massachusetts Bay Colony prohibited it in 1655, religious groups campaigned against it, and vigilantes occasionally horsewhipped men accused of it. Most states had explicitly outlawed it by 1870.

Attached Files:

3. Rita

Rita Infrequent Poster

Morning Bigc
    i knew i'd read about that law sometime--guess i didnt have it quite right :D my apologies to mr blaze.you have a good day
    rita

4. Cochise

Cochise A missed friend

'Rule of Thumb'......Roman origin.....a measure of 1" (thereabouts) from the tip to the first joint......used to measure the 'Short Toga' length above the knee....this was brought into law by a Roman Consuls wife named Saxa whose Husband named Cerebos was in charge of the salt mines on the mud-flats just South of were I live and who became alarmed at the sight of some of the men as they bent over to scrape salt into their collecting baskets known as 'Sellars'......therefore if she saw a toga that was too short she would shout "Hello there Sellar" and he would have his Toga duly measured.

Cochise, :cool:

5. dog

dog Guest

Re: Dumber Criminals

Dumber Criminals

Less Than Before

A man walked into a convenience stores and placed a twenty dollar bill on the counter, asking for change. When the clerk opened the cash drawer, the robber pulled out a gun, demanding all the cash in the register. Quickly, the clerk acquiesced and the man fled, leaving the twenty on the counter. The total amount of money he got from the cash register was less than fifteen dollars.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.