dual destination backup

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by gekong, Apr 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gekong

gekong Registered Member

Hi,
    I have set up a server with dual destination backups.
    having 2 assumptions while doing it.
    one: that the secondary location will limit it's size as with the acronis secure zone.
    and two: that we can use the secondary location to restore our server if the hard disks fail.
    pls if anyone can shed a light on this it would really help. thanks!

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello gekong,

Thank you for using Acronis True Image

Could you please clarify what you want to know? Also, what is the exact version of Acronis software you use?

Thank you.

--
    Oleg Lee

3. gekong

gekong Registered Member

Hi I am using acronis trueImage enterprise server edtion running on windows server 2003. thanks

4. gekong

gekong Registered Member

Acronis True Image Echo Enterprise Server
    Build # 8206

5. Acronis Support

Hello gekong,

Thank you for using Acronis Corporate Products

The option of dual destination backup is considered to be a simple copying of the created backup files to another directory, and you are unable to manage backup rules for this location (i.e. you can't specify location size quota, maximum number of backups, etc). New files will be added to the old ones.

Therefore, to have enough free space at the second destination you should delete the old unnecessary archives manually.

If saving a backup copy to ASZ please note: even when a password is set for the Acronis Secure Zone, the copy archive will not be protected with the password.

Thank you.

--
    Oleg Lee

6. gekong

gekong Registered Member

thanks for the additional information. im not using a password anyway. now how do i manage the the archives in my NAS disk? should i make a mapped drive of the NAS destination and make it a default destination for each of my server then declare quotas/time limits on for each of the server? thanks for your replys

7. gekong

gekong Registered Member

by the way what are instances where you can't manage backup rules in a location?

8. Acronis Support

Hello gekong,

Thank you for your interesting in Acronis True Image

You can create a disk/partition backup task or archive validation task for several remote computers at once. File-level backup for groups of computers is unavailable. In Group status or Group tasks management window, select New Group Task on the toolbar. The Create Group Task Wizard starts to guide you through the task creation procedure. Then from Group Tasks Management window you can set group tasks for selected computers.

Check user guide chapters 4.4.2 and 4.4.3 for detailed instructions.

Best regards,
    --
    Dmitry Nikolaev

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.